26 years old - Have to do something now (Finasteride/Nizoral questions)

Unfixable

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After lurking on this forum for a while now and getting more and more worried about my hairloss I decided that it’s time to do something about my balding now. I will add some pics so people who want to give me some advice can better judge my status. I think I’m thinning for a pretty long time already but wasn’t really conscious until maybe 1-2 years ago (Now I’m 26). I think I had a pretty high hairline naturally already and a pretty big forehead. I’m just thinking shaving when my thinning progresses further just doesn’t suit me.. I’m using concealer for a year now mostly in the front area (Hairline and bit behind) and could hide it pretty well but probably in the last few months I got more and more obvious. So after reading so many posts about people regretting they started their treatment too late (I’m also already pretty late I guess) I want to act now. This means I want to start with finasteride and nizoral ASAP and I thought about adding minoxidil maybe ½-1 year later. I read a lot propecia arguments and in the end I decided to do it. I have some questions regarding that:

1. Nizoral: I heard I can buy 1% version over the counter and 2% needs prescription. Is 1% enough? Usually people use it 2-3 times a week right?
  2. Getting on finasteride: I’m currently living abroad (Study abroad program) in South Korea and I never went to any doctor for prescriptions in my life (Never had any medical trouble until now, fingers crossed). What would you guys recommend me? Are there trusted online pharmacies? I saw many people wrote about InHouse pharmacy but I saw that South Korea wasn’t listed in the countries list so I guess they don’t send here. How does the process of getting a prescription from a doctor work? Which doctor do I have to visit? Can I just show up there and tell a doctor I’m thinning and want propecia? Do doctors prescribe generica if I specifically ask them? (Money is a factor, I’m student and would prefer the proscar 5mg cutting option)? Many doctors here can’t speak English well and there isn’t much information online about doctors that prescribe it easily or other stuff like that. I would prefer online but I don’t want to take a sugar pill so I’m worried..

My plans for now are taking finasteride and using nizoral shampoo. Also I’m a rather skinny guy so the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] part of my plan is to hit the gym in case I can’t stop my hairloss to at least don’t look like a sick person… Currently doing my master’s degree in engineering and I will finish in December June 2014. Already working part-time with good payment and I can enter my company full-time once I graduate. So in case I can stabilize my hairloss or slow down considerably I’m hoping to get a transplant in 2-4 years, the exact date depends on money, progress in treatments and other factors. My crown is pretty thick, I’m mainly thinning in the front and mid-scalp right now. If I can save my crown I can focus on my hairline/frontal area if I get a hair transplant later, at least that’s the plan.
Maybe I should also mention family’s history. It’s funny how I never worried about balding (Guess nobody thinks about getting bald when he’s young with a full head of hair). My father is an early NW6 (52 years old) and has been Norwood 4-5 for long time. He was probably Norwood 4 at 30 and I can see thinning on pics as early as 22 years old. Guess I should consider myself lucky cause at least I’m progressing slower than him.. Nearly everyone on my father’s side in my family is balding. Uncles all between Norwood 4-6 and even 4 out of 5 of my cousins are seriously thinning (Aged between 25-35).

I added pictures below and I have to say seeing them really freaks me out more and more and just wants me to do something right now..
All pics except the last one are right after shower and drying my hair. Last one is after putting some wax and concealer.

Any help appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 4.jpg