26 Year Old Ready To Take The Plunge

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys! First time poster, long time (ish) lurker. Just gonna jump right into it.

Started aggressively thinning at the age of 16, slowed down around 24 (I'm 26 now). For most of my life balding has been the reality and I've been mostly okay with it. Decided this year screw that, I miss my hair (had this amazing curly angel hair as a kid) so I'm doing something about it. I've been on finasteride for 6 months, and Nizoral/minoxidil/dermarolling for 1 month.

A couple key things to get out of the way:
- I fully realize I might get little / no results, and will definitely not get back what I had as youth.
- I'm totally fine with that, and want to try anyway.

That said, I've got a couple questions for you hair experts:
1. Where would you say I am on the Norwood Scale?
2. In addition to the big 3 and derma, is there anything else you'd recommend that has worked for you?
3. I'm researching hair transplants and am looking at Turkey. Do you have recommendations for clinics?

This is for real. I've already had a consultation here in Canada and was quoted 1800-2000 grafts FUE for $11,300 CAD. That's insane so I'm looking abroad. Once I narrow it down to a few clinics I'll look at booking next year to see what the Big 3 can do with some time, and then make the final decision from there. I am aware that as good as the Big 3 are for some, nothing will bring my hair back better than a transplant.

Give me your thoughts. I've attached some pics of what my hair looks like now, and some of what it looked like when I was 18/19, so you can see how far I've fallen. Thanks guys!

IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0842.jpeg 36712_434731380338_6214842_n.jpg 302944_10150424047101060_238418244_n.jpg

Helin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there,

If you are considering hair-transplant in Istanbul in a world-class hospital (Not a clinic or a fake surgery center) and you want to get the best results with affordable prices please get in touch with us from Instagram or Facebook addresses.

Instagram : @esteworldcanada
Facebook : Esteworld (CA)

Our branch-doctors perform the operation not the technicians or nurses.
The skill and experience of surgeons vary widely, as do their hair transplant results. When done right, a hair-transplant surgery can produce lifelong results.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We will gladly answer all your questions.

Cordially,

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say you are a diffused nw6. Did you get any sides from finasteride? Is balding in your family really aggressive?

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say you are a diffused nw6. Did you get any sides from finasteride? Is balding in your family really aggressive?

No sides to be seen, I also took finasteride as a teen for a couple years and had no sides then (foolishly discontinued it because I wasn't convinced it was doing anything). Balding does run in the family but it has also been successfully combated - father and older brother almost completely bald, another brother who stayed on finasteride as a teen and still has most of his hair (he's 28).

Thank you for the Norwood description!

H

Reaction score
Shave it and wait for better days looks exactly like mine did. What sucks is that our blonde hair is so thin per strand to begin with that coverage is difficult you have to have alot more hair for blondes.