26 Y.o Considering Future Hair System

Canadian1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m going to try to keep this short as possible. I am a diffuse thinner, been on finasteride for a year and I can’t tell if it’s working. My hair has been thinning for 2-3 years, it looks ok when dry but terrible wet.

I have come to the realization that I will have to shave off my hair or wear a hair system within the next couple of years. In regards to hair systems I have some questions and would appreciate input.

1. How easy is it to pull off someone’s hair system ? I see people on YouTube just pulling theirs off without too much struggle, yet I see others diving into a pool.... I can’t gauge how strong of a hold there is. I’m not worried about it getting pulled during sex, but what if some jackass just pull yours hair for w.e reason

2. My scalp is pretty oily, will that affect the maintainece schedule, I.e shorter intervals for maintenance?

3. If you were to shave your head to 0, would there be any way of pulling of a partial piece or you would have to wait for the skullet look before being able to wear the system again.

Question number 1 worries me the most just because I would find it super embarrassing to have someone pull your hair off.

I don’t care about going bald, I just would like to look my best and have tried my best to keep my hair/that particular look.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Canadian1234,

A fellow Canadian here. Let me help with my modest knowledge about system wearing.

1. Why would someone pull your hair? Even when fighting, pulling hair is not the norm, Guys tend to fist fight. Anyway, my hair is well secured to my scalp but if someone pulls on it with some strength the system will tear up. I use tapes on the sides and back and I glue the front. If you glue the complete system to your scalp I'm sure that it will take a lot of force to take it off, the worst that will happen, you'll lose some hair.

2. Yes, but if you use some products like antiperspirant and scalp protector you can extend your bond time.

3. I'm not sure to understand your question. If you are asking if you can wear a partial system on a shaved head, the answer is yes.

I hope that helps.

Yagami

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
No, it won't come off. The bond obviously becomes weaker over time, sooner or later you'll be able to pull it off but you shoul'd reattach before that.

Noah

Reaction score
Agreed; if you maintain regularly, no way the system will come off. You would lose skin off your scalp before the piece would come off - the adhesives are that strong.