25Yo: Worried about my hairline

Gunner97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back after a couple years, I found this thread 3 years ago ahah https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-worried-about-his-hair.117687/#post-1720774

So i've taken another look at my hairline and i'm pretty sure it has been receding a little. I've always been anxious about my hair, even though there was no sign of balding in the past, it's something I really fear. So i tend to be quite irrational about it and thats why I'm seeking external opinion.

So here's the state of my hair ATM
- My temples are recessed (i always had this M shape hairline but I suspect it's gotten a little worse the last couple months)
- My right temple has some miniaturized hair and is a bit more recessed than the left one but it's something I already noticed 4 years ago
- My hair is thick and my crown is intact. Hair grows like crazy. When i'm not pulling my hair up, I look more NW1
- Baldness history in my family is the following: Nothing significant my dad's side (my dad was NW2 his whole adulthood until his late 40s), on my moms side my grandpa experienced balding very early (NW4 in his early 20s)
- I'm a healthy individual. I wouldn't say I lead a stress free life but I really can't complain. I have an intestine disorder but thats about it.

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

These are the only pics I have for comparison. It was 4 years ago.

G0017627.JPG

G0017633.JPG

Thank you for your opinion!

Gunner97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I took another look at my hair today (couldn't help it), still worried about my right temple. Getting a haircut tomorrow, will ask the barber what he thinks.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I took another look at my hair today (couldn't help it), still worried about my right temple. Getting a haircut tomorrow, will ask the barber what he thinks.
Listen to me very carefully.

when I first saw the signs of hair loss I thought it was nothing and in hindsight after becoming a trained professional on hair loss if I knew what I knew now back then I would have started treatment at like age 28 instead of 31. Now I have a ruined left temple and it's killed my self esteem.

What your right side looks like is thinning. This happened to me. One side thinned sooner than the other. If your gramps was norwood 4 at 20 then that is not a good sign.

I want you to do this. Place your hand on your forehead and have your fingers cover the temple areas and move them up toward midscalp. Does it feel less dense when you move your hand through?

I think you should see a dermatologist about it and continue to monitor. I think you are at risk and you have a golden opportunity to stop it now before you hit norwood 3.5 like me.

Gunner97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me very carefully.

when I first saw the signs of hair loss I thought it was nothing and in hindsight after becoming a trained professional on hair loss if I knew what I knew now back then I would have started treatment at like age 28 instead of 31. Now I have a ruined left temple and it's killed my self esteem.

What your right side looks like is thinning. This happened to me. One side thinned sooner than the other. If your gramps was norwood 4 at 20 then that is not a good sign.

I want you to do this. Place your hand on your forehead and have your fingers cover the temple areas and move them up toward midscalp. Does it feel less dense when you move your hand through?

I think you should see a dermatologist about it and continue to monitor. I think you are at risk and you have a golden opportunity to stop it now before you hit norwood 3.5 like me.

I think I have more the hair of my dad who I think started thinning a little bit in his late 20s but kept a NW2 until his late 40s. But it's impossible to be sure.

I did your test and it didn't feel less dense as I moved my hands through.

But I will see a dermatogolist and monitor it closely. Thanks a lot!

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I have more the hair of my dad who I think started thinning a little bit in his late 20s but kept a NW2 until his late 40s. But it's impossible to be sure.

I did your test and it didn't feel less dense as I moved my hands through.

But I will see a dermatogolist and monitor it closely. Thanks a lot!
Hopefully the dermatologist can look at the hair follicles under a scope and check for miniaturization. Truth is that you don't notice balding until you lose 50% of your hair. If they see the miniaturization process starting, especially on top, then you know you got what your grandfather had. My dad's hair is nothing like mine and I'm losing it at the same time he was. Hair type means absolutely nothing.

Gunner97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't been able to see a dermatologist. But i decided to monitor the hair and take pictures regularly (every 2 months).

But i'm having a hard time being able to tell if there was any change since my pics in the first post.

Pictures of my right tempe, my left temple, my hair pulled up and a last one hair pulled down (hair quality is great).

Attachments

• IMG_6569.JPG
    IMG_6569.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6570.JPG
    IMG_6570.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6571.JPG
    IMG_6571.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6572.JPG
    IMG_6572.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 105

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I haven't been able to see a dermatologist. But i decided to monitor the hair and take pictures regularly (every 2 months).

But i'm having a hard time being able to tell if there was any change since my pics in the first post.

Pictures of my right tempe, my left temple, my hair pulled up and a last one hair pulled down (hair quality is great).
If you can't tell, we can't tell. It's unlikely you will ever seen any new hairs growing. You might see thickening and/or increases in anagen. Hair counts go up last in terms of visible active follicles not occupied by vellus/invisible tiny white hairs which are "dormant" but not dead. Increasing anagen is part of bringing back dormant follicles but still they are mostly only apparent in the crown and at the hair line.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright.

I was thinking hoping on minoxidil.
No. Finasteride. Minoxidil won't do sh*t long term and it's a lot harder to be consistent. You can get generics for 90 pills for like 30 dollars.

I'm using brand at 120 a month but that's because generics aren't working well so far. But with your hair you gave some wiggle room to give generics a shot. You want to do this when you see a dermatologist which you should've done asap.

I'm telling you, if you hit norwood 2.5 it's over and women won't find you attractive anymore. I have seen it myself.

Gunner97

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Finasteride. Minoxidil won't do sh*t long term and it's a lot harder to be consistent. You can get generics for 90 pills for like 30 dollars.

I'm using brand at 120 a month but that's because generics aren't working well so far. But with your hair you gave some wiggle room to give generics a shot. You want to do this when you see a dermatologist which you should've done asap.

I'm telling you, if you hit norwood 2.5 it's over and women won't find you attractive anymore. I have seen it myself.

Oh wow. Can i use mix while i get my dermato appontement? Waiting lists are long here.

Last pic for today. Hair properly pulled up

Attachments

• IMG_6575.JPG
    IMG_6575.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 90

Hephaistos1002

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still perfect hairline in your mid 20 thats Amazing. You have years in front of you, start treatement if it gets very worse thats all