25yo Receding Hairline Reversable Or

Jamal23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a receding hairline @ 25 which i think is Between nw2 and nw3 and im wondering if its possible to reverse it via 1mg finestaride per day only? Or is it to late for me, thanks

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not a NW3. The 3rd pic looks like you may have thinning on top. The first 2 pics make it hard to really tell but I could see why you are worried by seeing the 3rd picture. My hair was almost exactly like yours when I started finasteride 11 years ago and I've keep most of my hair. There's no guarantee that it works for everyone but considering our only options, it's a viable one.

See a dermatologist to verify that you have male pattern baldness so you could get a prescription then.

Last edited:

otis mcdonald

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not a NW3. The 3rd pic looks like you may have thinning on top. The first 2 pics make it hard to really tell but I could see why you are worried by seeing the 3rd picture. My hair was almost exactly like yours when I started finasteride 11 years ago and I've keep most of my hair. There's no guarantee that it works for everyone but considering our only options, it's a viable one.

See a dermatologist to verify that you have male pattern baldness so you could get a prescription then.

Did your hair improve at all with finasteride or just slow down balding? How do you think your hair would be today if you hadn’t started ?

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did your hair improve at all with finasteride or just slow down balding? How do you think your hair would be today if you hadn’t started ?
My hair did thicken up and temples and hairline had some growth. I would easily be NW4-NW5 like everyone else in my family.

Jamal23

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair did thicken up and temples and hairline had some growth. I would easily be NW4-NW5 like everyone else in my family.

Sadly from where im from its a bit difficult to find a Doctor and get a testand i dont need a prescription to get the finestaride i can walk into any pharmacy and get i just wanted to know if there is a chance it will work for me but as seem to have worked for you i will give it a shot, i just hope my hairline receding is reversed..

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason I recommend seeing a professional is because starting any treatment without needing it could cause adverse effects. I know a lot of people who take finasteride with mixed results. Same goes for minoxidil on its own or with finasteride. I know you want a concrete answer but unfortunately you won't know until you begin any of the available treatments and to give it time. If you are truly experiencing male pattern baldness then it will continue to run its course so at the very minimum you want to slow down its progression.