.25mm Microneedling Derma Roller Works?

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a massive f*****g irrational fear of needles and those pics of derma rollers are hard to look at. The .25mm ones with really small needles look fine though like i could deal with that.

Will those still work? I really really dont like the look of the ones with huge needles and i would be happy with just some alright results.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a massive f*****g irrational fear of needles and those pics of derma rollers are hard to look at. The .25mm ones with really small needles look fine though like i could deal with that.

Will those still work? I really really dont like the look of the ones with huge needles and i would be happy with just some alright results.

Did you check out the follica patent? From what I recall it says to use 0.25mm every 2 weeks...?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s 0.25 with inhumane density. Do it with 1.5 and your entire scalp will scab.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you check out the follica patent? From what I recall it says to use 0.25mm every 2 weeks...?
you will not be able to duplicate that process at home. hopefully we'll get the treatment soon, in the meanwhile most people use 1mm "light" daily rolling or 1,5 once/twice a week

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Dhurat study is 1.5 once a week. That study is outdated. The optimal needle length as far as we know is .8mm once every two weeks. .25mm will still be effective, but presumably to a lesser degree. Instead of a roller look into getting an electronic microneedling pen, it works much better. You need to needle with an extreme amount of density to get maximum neogenisis. At least 1400 needle strikes/cm²

I was using 36 pin cartridge at 2.5mm once a week for about 3 or 4 months, do you think it's possible to damage your scalp permanently from doing this? im a bit concerned i have. I switched to using 2.5mm roller with mild to moderate pressure ages ago because the pen was getting caught in my hair and pulling it out so im a bit hesitant switching back to it. But if the follica study shows this then i think i might.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that's way too deep. You can definitely get regrowth going that deep, but you can also create a lot of scar tissue. Hopefully you didn't.

Is there really any way to determine if you have created scar tissue? knowing my luck i probably have

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Dhurat study is 1.5 once a week. That study is outdated. The optimal needle length as far as we know is .8mm once every two weeks. .25mm will still be effective, but presumably to a lesser degree. Instead of a roller look into getting an electronic microneedling pen, it works much better. You need to needle with an extreme amount of density to get maximum neogenisis. At least 1400 needle strikes/cm²
1.5 mm twice a week good boy