.25mg Propecia EOD Sides

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just stared taking propecia about exactly 2 weeks ago.

I have taken .25mg EOD with all the horror stories out there that some people tell i thought better be safe then sorry and see how my body reacts to the drug.

Everything was fine up until yesterday when i noticed a slight decrease in libido, my erections aren't as strong as i'm normally use to, my ejaculations also feel like they are less intense and have less volume.

I'm strongly thinking this is a side from the drug but given the low dosage don't know if i could be freaking out.

My hair loss has seemed to stabilize pretty well in the time though and seems that Rogaine works a whole lot better now than it ever did (little hairs are sprouting along my hairline).

Just a quick question though given that i have taken a total of 1.5mg over the two weeks would this be enough to give me the reported sides i am feeling and would these sides have the potential to be permanent if i stopped the drug from now on?

Thanks in Advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda worried about this because i use to be quite virile and have a high drive now when i look at things that normally got me excited it doesn't ahve the same effect.

TBH tho i also have been freaking out a little and feeling very anxious and scared.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So yesterday you suddenly experienced all the sides? Slight decrease in libido, less strong than usual erections, etc? Honestly, if that all happened yesterday then it's very possible that finasteride is not to blame. It could just be that you had an off day. finasteride is an easy thing to blame, but I'd wait a few days and perhaps talk to a doctor before blaming it completely on finasteride.

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I think a little bit of it may be psychological but it does feel a little out of the norm. I still had morning wood etc ability to orgasm etc just that everything felt dulled.

But being in the wrong frame of mind can be a contributing factor i understand and worrying about it more will just cause more problems.

I was thinking of skipping a few days before i decide to take the next dose just to see if i notice any changes back to "normal".

Also a few people i spoke to as well told me that side effects can be irreversible even if you take a single tablet which kinda got me thinking.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Best thing you can do is to forget completely that the sides are possible. Im almost certain the largest portion of reported sides are psychological. The 1 time/night I ever got a reduced erection I had just read my first horror story on here. I erased the possibility from my mind and blam, never happened again.

Reaction score
Lets just say that i did experience genuine sides how long would it take for the hormone balance in my body to be back to baseline?

Given that i only took six .25mg segment doses over 2 weeks.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
.25 EOD for two weeks doesn't really have an effect and your sides are psychological.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how do you make it .25 exactly??
even m thinking of starting at lower doses.

Reaction score
Pill cutter. Just halve the halve. I cut the propecia 1mg tabs btw not the 5mg tabs.