.25mg finasteride Update After 2 Months, No Min Currently

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I promised awhile back that I would start taking finasteride and using nizoral for my receding hairline. I was being a chicken for several months, but I started July 1 and have been on it two months.

I have had some shedding, but other than that no significant progress on the hair front yet (pun intended). I'm obviously not expecting results this early. Maybe a few new fine hairs, but hard to tell to be honest. I have been taking pictures so after a few more months maybe I'll have some good news to share.

No noticeable side effects beyond watery semen and a little ball ache, the latter of which has gone away lately.

I have only been taking .25mg thus far since it seems like the response curve of the drug is pretty flat. Debating if I should kick it up?

Also holding off on Minoxidil because I want to see the progress finasteride gives by itself. My hair loss is, at worse, a NW2.5 so I will be fine will staying where I am. I also have pets and it turns out that min is kind of poisonous to animals if you are not careful, so obviously leaving that option until I need it.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO there's a good reason the dose they went with for Propecia is 1mg. It's more effective per the studies, no question about that.

I used to use minoxidil but stopped after a few years because I didn't respond to it and my roommate has a cat I didn't wanna accidentally poison someday.

I wouldn't expect progress. Maybe half of guys on finasteride don't lose any hair but don't get anything back. I'm one of those. Not much to worry about if your recession is less than NW3 because almost all guys will be NW2+ by their 40's. Your hair will be relatively great for your age if finasteride halts loss and you wait long enough. Lack of further loss = success over time if you're less than ~NW3

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.25 a bit too low, better get onto 0.5, since its been proven by some researches that increase of effeciency from 0.5 to 1mg is minute