(25M) Irregular hairline and temples receding. Am I going bald?

Tisserand

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm noticing thinness and a drop in quality. My father has really few hairs, so I guess it's just a matter of time.
Do you think this is something aggressive?
1645213913046.jpg
1645213912966.jpg
1645213912935.jpg
1645213913000.jpg

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where exactly are you noticing thinness and decreased quality? Hairlines are not perfectly symmetrical in most people. Hair can also grow differently on each side of the head too. Your hairline seems ok and there’s no obvious signs of miniaturization in these pics. Without any “before” pics we cannot determine if anything is happening.

Take addional photos of the crown and vertex as it currently is. Then take all the same exact pics (lighting, hair length, camera angle etc) again in 6 months and compare. Repeat the process every 6 months or so to monitor the situation.

Tisserand

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where exactly are you noticing thinness and decreased quality? Hairlines are not perfectly symmetrical in most people. Hair can also grow differently on each side of the head too. Your hairline seems ok and there’s no obvious signs of miniaturization in these pics. Without any “before” pics we cannot determine if anything is happening.

Take addional photos of the crown and vertex as it currently is. Then take all the same exact pics (lighting, hair length, camera angle etc) again in 6 months and compare. Repeat the process every 6 months or so to monitor the situation.
You think this is miniaturised?
Also while before the receding was only on the temples, now i feel like it's getting towards the middle, especially on left temple.
IMG_20220219_092557.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_091613.jpg
    IMG_20220219_091613.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s difficult to tell if there’s recession since your hairline is still pretty good and there’s no before pic.

Just monitor the situation for now and find out as much info as you can about baldness in your family tree.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Moz, we cannot know for sure without before pictures. There seems to be some slight temporal loss at the very top of your temples and maybe a bit of thinning at the front, but it could be due to hair cycles or a sign of a maturing hairline. I would get a scalp biopsy to be sure, if you can do that. Otherwise take pictures here and there to monitor it and consider starting a hair loss prevention regimen if you notice increased shedding or are very worried.