25(yo)[xii 2018] - The Final Solution

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo,
I´am 4hair4him and a long time lurker on this forum. I want to tell you my story and document my further ongoing.

About my person:
I
am actually 25 years old, student and living in Germany. I am loosing hair since I´am 17 years old (So since 8 years).

(1)-From the years 17 (2010) till 20 (2013) I did nothing for my hairloss. It startetd with the temples and they just started to receed further and further. On the XII of 2013 I decided to visit a doctor and ask for help. The doctor recommend me minoxidl. [I am using it since then]

(2)-From the years 21(2014) till 23 (2016) I only used minoxidll and the resulsts were great. Halt of my hairloss. I wasn´t a Norwood 0 (I maybe never was), but sth between NW1-NW2- that was enough for me.

(3)- But End of 2016, the hairloss striked again and I startet to loose my hair on the front. The temples receed and my front part lost a lot of density.

(4)- On V 2018 I decided to give propecia a try. I started with 0.25mg and build myself slowly up to 1mg/per day. Since the 19.IX.2018 I am taking 1 mg/per day.

Conclusion

I am now taking 1ml 2x minoxidil and 1mg finasteride per day. 1ml 2x minoxidil since 5 years, and the dose of 1mg finasteride per day since 3 Months and 10 days.

(1) Since taking the full dose of finasteride (September 2018) my hairloss continued. I am lossing hair at the front and slightly at the sides (Compare with the fourth series of pictures).

(2) Its approx. 3 months since using finasteride at the full dose of 1mg/per day, so its just too early too say whether it does function or not OR whether it does only funtion on the back of my head and not on the front.

Future: The final solution

2019 will be the year, where I am gonna to solve the hairloss problem FOR ME once and for all. Till summer 2019 I want have a solution. The options are the following.

[1]Meds only (They work and at least haltered further frontal hair loss and thicken up my exiting hair)

I will continue using minoxidl (1ml/2xday) + 1mg finasteride/ every day and see, where I will stand in Marc 2019 (It will be approx. 6 months of full dose finasteride). Is my hairloss halt?Am I happy with the situation?
In March 2019 I will decide, whether minoxidil+finasteride is the way to go for me or not to solve my problem with my frontal hair. (I don´t need or specially want a nw0 hairline. I just want my current hairline with thicker hair in the middle and vellus to terminal hair turned in the receding hairline. [My aim with meds, its what
allegedly 85-90% of finasteride-user can expect, so chances are not that bad, just patience. I dont even condisder regrow. just haltering of further hair loss and thickening of my current hair]
]

[+] Natural, real hair
[+] Low maintance cost ( 5min minoxidil + pop 1 pill / day)

[-] Possibility of middle Risk of negative health effects (minoxidil -> Skin, heart; finasteride -> Skin, body, sexual function, brain)

[-] 1.Worsening of possible side effects: Wrikles under eye and face ( I sleep very bad (4-6 hours per night) since 1,5 years cause to other life problems. Now have wrinkles under my eyes. Maybe finasteride and/or minoxidil is worsening it. Have to watch further progress here. I will try to get 10h sleep/ per night for 14 days and see whether it help my eyes or not. [I have these wrinkles long before starting with finasteride]

[-]2. Worsening of possible side effects: Fat distribution body, face. The 10-15% more estrogen and 10-15% more free testosteron in my body cause to finasteride has shown some effect. I always had a slight gyno. It now grows a bit more. Also i got more fat on my stomach and my ***. I never had any problem with my little breasts. (Au contraire, I like them). So in terms of gyno I have to watch. I dont want a c-cup or sth similiar (that would be too much), so i just have to watch.
I knew, that these body changes my appear. So i have too watch it. I they will stay like they are actually, I am happy. if I will get bigger tits, a more female face or sth similIar I will have to quit. So I just will watch it.

[2] Meds work, and hairloss is haltered. But front does continue to receed or frontal hair disappears completely.
So Propecia may be working for me with no unexpected side effects, but it is not rescueeing my frontal hair. What to do?

Option 1. Frontal hairpiece

Since all of my hair, but the front and side hair is thick like the hair of an italian mafiosi i have to deal with my bald front part. A wig could be a solution.

[+] Solving the problem of lack of fronthair
[+] Stock piece, cutting it in 3-4 pieces for the front. Its cheap and a fast soultion.

[-] maintenance: It costs a few hours each week or each other week.
[-] It may be, of doing it right (hair colour, hair structure, density) nearly undetectable, but person will notice i did sth with my hairline. I will be open about the wig, (of course not to every stranger), so f*** it. But some people my strain my nerves.
[-] A frontal hairpiece will have some limitations.

Option 2. hair transplant
As alternative, a hair transplantation could be a solution.
I will be able to save appr. 4000€ the next year (2019). This will be enough, to fly from germany to turkey and get a hair transplant for my frontal head. (No nw0 or nw1, but a acceptable nw2).

[+] Realistic solution. With haltered hair los and appr. 2000 grafts in the front i will look good.
[+] Not the cheapest, but affordable.

[-] My age (25yo). If the meds work mid 2019 (but not on the front), will they work continue trough the years? Cause i only will get a frontal hairtransplanation, it all depends on haltering the hairloss with meds. Maybe I will suffer some unexpected side effects and have to discontinue with finasteride. The hair transplant-succes will be fast ruined with continuing hair loss.
[-] A hair transplant is bad (cause of little scars), if i choose to wear my hair at 1mm or below.

[3] Hair transplantation only:
W
ithout stopping further hairloss, this is at my age (25yo) no option:

[4] Wig only

[+] I will look, like i have real hair (If desity, hair structure, colour is choosen well)

[-] maintenance

[-] hairloss will progress. I will continue loosing hair on the back and sides of my head. It will not look optimal with good hair on top and bad hair on sides. ( I will have to wear a undercut wig or a wig with long enough hair to cover bald sides)
[-] Its a wig. Say what you want, but it has no high opinion in society. You have not to care about the possibility that someone will discover (Cause if you care too much, the wig will be a chain to your life imo)
[-] you have a few life restrictions. You have to take care of the wig; cant let things just go.

[5] Shaving (1mm or below)

[+]
Instant solution
[+] cheap
[+] No sides (just wear a cap when its cold)
[+] I wouldn´t care anymore. I am bald and good is. It is what I am and its ok.
[+] I am 6.1 feet tall and have an headshape that is ok for a bald look. but i am slim. so a bit of training my muscles and it will look ok. I am also getting brown very fast in the summer. (I look than like a latino). Its a plus, to have a good skin colour if you are bald.

[-] Society. The reactions will change. I will look a bit frightening and not sweet anymore. [Womens that are 45+ years old actually loves me. I always looked like the son in law they want to have. so i got advantages like be the first to arrive in line or i have to pay less for my food ad university cause all mature woman loves me haha]
[-] I will look different like 95% of other students at my university curses. Cause to live difficults, i am
now 25 yo and sitting in courses with 20years old youths. With my bald and 6feet1 lation look with + muscles (i will build up, if i choose the shaved look) I will get attention.
[-] I am more attractive with hair. With hair i look like a rich man from television. With shave looked, i looked more like a latino thug haha
[-] There is always some imbecile that will adress my baldness. I have to be a little tough to counter it with words. I just have no nerves, for such unnecessary games.
[-] Society: More people are looking at me or even stare at me. I will stand out.

[/] I am now 25 and look like early 20 with hair. Without hair I look like at best like my aged or like late 20. So I look older. It may be a disadvantage, it may be positive. I dont know. its neutral.

Conlcusion: bald, below 1mm shave look. I will stand out wherether I am. Cause of my height and head shape it will not look horrific. it will look ok. But I have to be very confident, cause people will look (Because i will standout with this bald-look) and with no confidence I will think that they laugh at me or I will
be afraid of this kind of attraction. [The last years, cause to my awful childhood I had no self confidents. I was very unhappy with my life. So I acutally have to build up my confidents, and the shave look is a look imo you already need some confidence. So its difficult]

Final conlusion:

Till March 2019, I will give the meds a chance to show what they are made of. In public, i will now wear a hat or at work i will comb over my hair (yes it looks funny, but it has a function). Cause appr. at march 2019, I will decide what to do.Than. And I than will once for all present myself in public in one permannet look. I dont want to see society me balding. I want to have one look (whether bald or not) and this should be my image.(Than I will take my hat of in public. As a symbolic act haha)

And one word to all desperate guys in this forum in terms of girlfriends. YOU will always find a lovely, beautiful girlfriend that loves you. It doesnt matter how you look. I know guys, that were balding in there teen years, are short or simple not good looking (face) and met their girlfriends with hair I have now at 25years or even much worser hair. And they all are married now, and to woman that are very hot. So yes, its very uncommon that people will say. "oh, this johnny is a hot guy cause he is balding". No one will praise you baldness. but people will find you attractive and you may look less attractive than before, but wtf - man up. You are not little boys anymore. If you want to be as attractive as with hair, do sth. (Meds only, or meds+ wig, hair transplant; or wig only) [Wigs means work, but they nowadays look very good]. If you dont care to loose at least a littile to half of your attraction or at best (with good headshape, height and body) transform you attraction in another attraction, than go for the complete bald, shave look.
The worse is to look half balding, half not. Do sth and go on. If you cant image yourself as bald, than buy yourself a wig. For what are you waiting? Wigs are good. I know 2 guys that told me they are waring it. It is undectable or if you are open about wearing a wig , than you dont have even to care about hiding. So wtf, what are you waiting for? You only life once and make the best FOR YOU IN YOUR OPINION
[I dont want to insult anybody, but give some motivation]

() The first pictures are from VI 2017. The second pictures from XII 2017. The third from III 2018 and the fourth from today (30.XII.2018).

Last edited:

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First: Pictures from XI 2017 | Just minoxidil since years

Attachments

• Juni 2017 1.jpg
    Juni 2017 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 526
  • Juni 2017 2.jpg
    Juni 2017 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Juni 2017 3.jpg
    Juni 2017 3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second: Pictures from XII 2017 | Just minoxidil since years

Attachments

• Dezember 2017 1.jpg
    Dezember 2017 1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Dezember 2017 2.jpg
    Dezember 2017 2.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Dezember 2017 3.jpg
    Dezember 2017 3.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Third: Pictures from III 2018 | Just minoxidil since years

Attachments

• März 2018 2.jpg
    März 2018 2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 452
  • März 2018 3.jpg
    März 2018 3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 440
  • März 2018 4.jpg
    März 2018 4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 419
  • März 2018.jpg
    März 2018.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fourth: Pictures from today (End of XII 2018) [ I will continue with pictures End of I 2019] | minoxidil since years and 1mg finasteride/day since appr. 3 months.

Attachments

• 30.12.18 (Front) (2).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (2).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 426
  • 30.12.18 (Front) (3).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (3).jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 384
  • 30.12.18 (Front) (4).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (4).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 412
  • 30.12.18 (Front) (5).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (5).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 30.12.18 (Front) (6).jpg
    30.12.18 (Front) (6).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 30.12.18 (right side) (1).jpg
    30.12.18 (right side) (1).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think you are responding well to meds. Do you think your maintaining? It’s hard to tell from the pictures.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think you are responding well to meds. Do you think your maintaining? It’s hard to tell from the pictures.

I am just since appr. 3 months and 2 weeks on the full dose of finasteride. I started finasteride in may 2018 with only 0.125mg for 1 month, than 0.25mg for 1,5month, than 0.5mg for 1,5 month and 0.75mg for 1/2 month and since mid september 1mg/day. And my hairloss was in spring 2018 very aggressive.

Its too early to say, whether and how I am responding to finasteride. You have to have in mind, that I am balding since I am 17years old. Now I am getting 26 years old in appr. 2 months. The last years I was just using minoxidil. So for this time range (9years balding) I am very happy with my status.
Whether finasteride is helping or not, I will examinate after 6 months on 1mg/finasteride per day mid march 2019.

I will keep posting pictures every month. So let´s see how things will develop.

Last edited:

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just since appr. 3 months and 2 weeks on the full dose of finasteride. I started finasteride in may 2018 with only 0.125mg for 1 month, than 0.25mg for 1,5month, than 0.5mg for 1,5 month and 0.75mg for 1/2 month and since mid september 1mg/day. And my hairloss was in spring 2018 very aggressive.

Its too early to say, whether and how I am responding to finasteride. You have to have in mind, that I am balding since I am 17years old. Now I am getting 26 years old in appr. 2 months. The last years I was just using minoxidil. So for this time range (9years balding) I am very happy with my status.
Whether finasteride is helping or not, I will examinate after 6 months on 1mg/finasteride per day mid march 2019.

I will keep posting pictures every month. So let´s see how things will develop.

So gyno is the only side you have?

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So gyno is the only side you have?

Before starting with finasteride I already had gyno. Since than, finasteride worsened it a bit. Besides that, I feel good. I slept the last 5 days a bit more. My eyes look better now.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update. My front continues to thin + to miniaturize. Also the front line is receeding very fast. It looks, like I will lost all of my middle front hair in the next weeks. The front is, where I am applying minoxidil. So don´t know, whether it could be worsening my hair. Can minoxidil have after a few years of great succes a reverse effect? Maybe should I stop with minoxidil?

(I am actually 3 months and appr. 3 weeks on finasteride/1mg ED)

(And its always at least moderate itching after I apply minoxidil.)

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before starting with finasteride I already had gyno. Since than, finasteride worsened it a bit. Besides that, I feel good. I slept the last 5 days a bit more. My eyes look better now.
fkn hell man, thats a hellish side effect to get gyno from finasteride, truly scary

im 25 and also balding from 19, but it was really slow back then, now its really agressive and shedding tons of hair daily

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
cuz you have female breast hanging over?

But this would be very bad and extreme case of gyno. Mines more looks like a trained chest. But mybe it could worsen more. I thought, my body just adjust to the increased estrogen with comes with finasteride. but i dont know.

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@genetically_cursed

Honestly, since staring with finasteride I have a bad feeling about it. It can mess with such much things. I dont want to be bald and I want to have hair. So maybe I should just get a hairpiece. You actually get full hair with absolute no sides. The only bad thing is, that it s crazy to think about gluing sth to your head. But the results are overhelming. It just looks like good f*****g hair.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@genetically_cursed

Honestly, since staring with finasteride I have a bad feeling about it. It can mess with such much things. I dont want to be bald and I want to have hair. So maybe I should just get a hairpiece. You actually get full hair with absolute no sides. The only bad thing is, that it s crazy to think about gluing sth to your head. But the results are overhelming. It just looks like good f*****g hair.
yeah, man, this whole sh*t just leaves you with toughest choice one can f*****g make

life doesnt forgive and doesnt forgve genetically unfortunate

i've been thinking about this myself a lot for last year

what hair is worth. is having ed ok to trade hair for it, is gyno worth having hair, what else can you sacrifice to run away from the ever hunting norwood reaper.

idk man, this whole sh*t is just fucked. we shouldnt be dealing with this problem in our 20s. thats why all adults say like 'hey, man, dont stress, just enjoy your best years', cuz normally and usually all the side effects of aging and health problems arise after you hit 30+ mark.

also yeah, ive seen how truthful and real some hair pieces look and also was wondering if it's better option than anything. some said the glue you apply to your scalp eventually permeates into blood stream and can also cause some side effects.

@michel sapin

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, man, this whole sh*t just leaves you with toughest choice one can f*****g make

life doesnt forgive and doesnt forgve genetically unfortunate

i've been thinking about this myself a lot for last year

what hair is worth. is having ed ok to trade hair for it, is gyno worth having hair, what else can you sacrifice to run away from the ever hunting norwood reaper.

idk man, this whole sh*t is just fucked. we shouldnt be dealing with this problem in our 20s. thats why all adults say like 'hey, man, dont stress, just enjoy your best years', cuz normally and usually all the side effects of aging and health problems arise after you hit 30+ mark.

also yeah, ive seen how truthful and real some hair pieces look and also was wondering if it's better option than anything. some said the glue you apply to your scalp eventually permeates into blood stream and can also cause some side effects.

@michel sapin

I just found out for me, that I want have hair. I once shaved my hair, had a beard and so on. Even get some complements, even young girls tried to flirt with me. But I didn´t like it. I just dont like to be bald.

Honestly, I dont know what is preventing me, from making an appointment next week at a studio I trust, and than at the very latest after 12 weeks never worrying about my hairloss again. Just maintaining my system and thats it. I was well responding to minxo and now I was very much shedding after staring with finasteride. Normally, I get good reactions and I think finasteride will work. I can sea very tiny hairs spreading from areas that were bald for years. (But very tiny).
But: I got a bit more gyno, i got fat dsitribution on my upper body. I am not sure, what effect finasteride will have on my face (Cause I love my face how it is, it could only be a negative effect - I allready good more pimples and the first months have a dryer face. So sth is happening. And the most importan thing, finasteride could change sth mentally. I am very intelligent. But will I be as dumd as risking this intelligent? When I can have a nearly perfect soultion with hairpieces.

The only problem coming with hairpieces is a mental one. Would I have a brother, that is doing it for himself, I would wear a hairpiece since years instead of using minoxidil, that also could f*** up your body (hearth for example).

Last edited:

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

@michel sapin

You can allways use just tape, without than exposing your hairline. And speaking aboiut side effects, but than using minoxidil and especially finasteride (don´t know whether you are using finasteride too?) is ridiculous.

I just cant find an objetiv argument against hairpieces, when the alternat is finarstid and I dontz want for hell going bald. You can have for example a look like charlie sheen (nearly no one knows, he uses hairpieces since a long) for under 1k$ each year. But no, I am doing harm to my body and am upset because of hairloss instead of fixing this cosmeticaly with a piece and when in 10-20 years a cure will come, i can just switch and ok. I am sometimes stupid. More and more, I am considering just writing an email to the studio and getting my appointment.

I know myself, that I will get a piece. Just wasting my lifetime with beeing scared of this decision. I read a lot about it today. nearly everyone is very lucky about it and called it a life changing decisions. Only a few are too lazy to maintain or are buying 100$ crap or some synthetic hair or going for studios for several k $ each year.
But no, I will wait. Than finasteride will start getting me overhelming results. I will be afraid cause of further gyno development, I will be afraid whether my face is aging to much, I will be afrtiad whether I am just tired or whether it is the effect of finasteride. Than sth will happen to me, and finally I will either way and with a hairpiece, but than with a damage body.
Cause when a cure will come, it will make a Norwood 7 a nw0. maintaining is not the aim. So it doesn´t matter, how much hair I loose under my system till than.

Last edited:

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know myself, that I will get a piece.
yeah, man, its all really complicated, harsh and very depressing

you need to think through such decisions

im not on finasteride yet, because im scared of side effects shitless (main ones - brain fog, ED and gyno)

if you get any of those 3 sides you are fucked

so yeah, and then also there's huge chance after stopping finasteride in some time, you will still be fucked like @disfiguredyoungman got

its all really fucked

life is luck based, you win or lose in life pre-birth

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, man, its all really complicated, harsh and very depressing

you need to think through such decisions

im not on finasteride yet, because im scared of side effects shitless (main ones - brain fog, ED and gyno)

if you get any of those 3 sides you are fucked

so yeah, and then also there's huge chance after stopping finasteride in some time, you will still be fucked like @disfiguredyoungman got

its all really fucked

life is luck based, you win or lose in life pre-birth

SO why you don´t get yourself a hairpiece? Nearly everyone, that jumps on it is calling it a life changer? For me, I am just between (Finarestid-> real hair; but real sides and worse other things that could come) and Hairpiece (with no sides, just maintaining and mindset that it is not real hair)