25 Yo, Start My Regime About 30 Days Ago & Massive Shedding

katalan33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to turn 25 next week and I have diffuse pattern alopecia Norwood 3-4.
Thinning and falling of hair in whole scalp. I know I am kinda late but I decided to save my hair. No longer hesitation.

Here is my regime: big 3 + dermaroller + supplements
0.5mg dutasteride daily / Rogaine foam once or twice a day / Nizoral twice a week / Dermaroller twice a week
+ biotin & brewer's yeast

At my first week of treatment I experienced low libido, kinda erectile dysfunction but after a week its all gone.
No side effects whatsoever.
I have experienced massive shedding from second week of my treatment till now.
When I shampoo I could see about ten to twenty hairs on my hands but now I see TONS of hair (may be double or triple amount of hair I used to see)
It scares sh*t out of me. Every time I put rogaine on my scalp I get 3 or 4 hairs on my finger.
I know shedding is expected especially when you start minoxidil products. But god damn its really hard when you see you lose hair like this.
I am scared because what if this shedding does not stop and continue.

For experienced users, is this pretty normal? If you experienced shedding like me when did it stop? When can I see less hair loss?

criOpz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to turn 25 next week and I have diffuse pattern alopecia Norwood 3-4.
Thinning and falling of hair in whole scalp. I know I am kinda late but I decided to save my hair. No longer hesitation.

Here is my regime: big 3 + dermaroller + supplements
0.5mg dutasteride daily / Rogaine foam once or twice a day / Nizoral twice a week / Dermaroller twice a week
+ biotin & brewer's yeast

At my first week of treatment I experienced low libido, kinda erectile dysfunction but after a week its all gone.
No side effects whatsoever.
I have experienced massive shedding from second week of my treatment till now.
When I shampoo I could see about ten to twenty hairs on my hands but now I see TONS of hair (may be double or triple amount of hair I used to see)
It scares sh*t out of me. Every time I put rogaine on my scalp I get 3 or 4 hairs on my finger.
I know shedding is expected especially when you start minoxidil products. But god damn its really hard when you see you lose hair like this.
I am scared because what if this shedding does not stop and continue.

For experienced users, is this pretty normal? If you experienced shedding like me when did it stop? When can I see less hair loss?

In my case I did not experience shedding but there was anyway not that much hair left on my scalp when I started with the big 3. Probably I did not notice the shedding since I cut my hair to 1mm. And even If I had noticed any shedding then in my case I wouldn't care much about it, since I was anyway almost skin-bald. I recommend you to be patient and take pictures every month and post them here and keep your routine for at least 6 months. Good Luck!

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely the minoxidil. This is common knowledge to expect a shed usually starting 2 weeks in. Good news is this means you can probably expect positive results from the minoxidil. I’d advise to keep treatments going for 3 months and to reassess from there