25 Years Old. Thinning All Over Head (scalp, Sides, Crown, Temples)

Philip1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

New to the forum. I am 25 years old and wanted to get a few opinions. I have been losing my hair since 21, and it has recently has become pretty bad.

I have no idea why its falling out, other than bad genetics, my father is bald, and other family members. My hair hasnt seemed to "Fall out" Rather shrink to a peach fuzz state.

I feel i need to thicken my hair before jumping into a hair transplant, so I was going to try PRP. Any thoughts?

Please, any insight would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 4,085
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,628
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,718
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,932
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,452
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,604

shookwun

Reaction score
What you need is finasteride. No way around it, unless you want to continue balding.

Approaching a NW4.

If you hop on medication, you will be in a good position for a transplant in the future once your hair loss stabilizes.

Philip1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I have been on Finnesteride for a year, i came off for 1 month though..been using rogaine since 21 as well.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I have been on Finnesteride for a year, i came off for 1 month though..been using rogaine since 21 as well.

Using rogaine since 21? How consistent? How much has it maintained by itself? Thanks

Philip1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it 2 times a day consistently. i have had like 1 month a year when im off of it. but thats about it..

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it 2 times a day consistently. i have had like 1 month a year when im off of it. but thats about it..

Ok well 1 month off a year is not being consistent. You've missed 4 months of application. I haven't missed a single dose. Anyway, did you maintain on just it?

Philip1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pavi, I honestly did not. I basically slowed the process that is about it. I need to find out what the root is, its affecting many aspects of my life.

Midwest

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have classic male pattern baldness, the root cause is DHT. You need to be on finasteride and take it every single day for the rest of your life. You need to consistently use minoxidil 5% twice a day. You should also add in Nizoral because it's fast, easy, and cheap.

It looks like you have already lost your hairline, but your crown is fairly dense. Your gameplan at this point is to stabilize your hairloss and try to regain as much density as possible in your crown and mid-scalp. Then get a hair transplant to recreate your hairline.

P.S. I was in the same boat as you a few years ago and did NOT act. I can now count the hairs on my scalp.

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you are going on the way that a buzz cut is not gonna be enough, you are soon to be shaving your head forever

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

New to the forum. I am 25 years old and wanted to get a few opinions. I have been losing my hair since 21, and it has recently has become pretty bad.

I have no idea why its falling out, other than bad genetics, my father is bald, and other family members. My hair hasnt seemed to "Fall out" Rather shrink to a peach fuzz state.

I feel i need to thicken my hair before jumping into a hair transplant, so I was going to try PRP. Any thoughts?

Please, any insight would be helpful.

hey brother -

1) you distinctly have male pattern baldness. sorry, I know that sucks to hear.
2) PRP is complete f*cking jargon garbage pushed by greedy hair transplant surgeons. You're more likely to lose MORE hair after PRP, due to telogen effluvium then you are to regrow miniaturized hair. it's bullsh*t. don't f*cking do it. ever.
3) stay on finasteride and hopefully you will maintain the decent density you have. after a year or so, get an hair transplant with a badass Doctor, like Erdogon in Turkey. You will look like a NW1.

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
gotta change my mind and agree with the guys. stay on finasteride, get a hair transplant and use Nioxin shampoo to give your hair more thickness

2AR

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me Philip, you need to lower DHT level in your blood so please do two things,

1-dont Jerk Off too often dude, that is very effffective, look into your diet and for your sake, quit eating fast food, what you eat is very important.
2-u need something beside to lower DHT,level in your blood without seeing into heavy consequences of something like finasteride, use Zinc dude and ecophane, do you really prefer taking the risk of not having children or other things they say about it ?!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gotta change my mind and agree with the guys. stay on finasteride, get a hair transplant and use Nioxin shampoo to give your hair more thickness

Nioxin is overpriced horseshit snake oils. If you want to make your hair look thicker I'm pretty sure there are cheaper alternatives.

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to me Philip, you need to lower DHT level in your blood so please do two things,

1-dont Jerk Off too often dude, that is very effffective, look into your diet and for your sake, quit eating fast food, what you eat is very important.
2-u need something beside to lower DHT,level in your blood without seeing into heavy consequences of something like finasteride, use Zinc dude and ecophane, do you really prefer taking the risk of not having children or other things they say about it ?!
hey m8, can you tell me more about lowering DHT levels? thanks

Reactions: 2AR

Philip1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey brother -

1) you distinctly have male pattern baldness. sorry, I know that sucks to hear.
2) PRP is complete f*cking jargon garbage pushed by greedy hair transplant surgeons. You're more likely to lose MORE hair after PRP, due to telogen effluvium then you are to regrow miniaturized hair. it's bullsh*t. don't f*cking do it. ever.
3) stay on finasteride and hopefully you will maintain the decent density you have. after a year or so, get an hair transplant with a badass Doctor, like Erdogon in Turkey. You will look like a NW1.

Thanks for this my man. I will keep to my regiment. And I am going to update my progress

2AR

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey m8, can you tell me more about lowering DHT levels? thanks
well, there are good things and bad things about DHT level in your body, have you ever seen those super huge guys at the gym or on TV, you pay attention and you see most of them are either bald or on their way to be OR they do not have much hair, its DHT, it causes masculinity and muscle growth on the other hand, when it reaches hair follicles, it causes hair loss.
carbs,fats,ejaculation, these all causes raise in DHT level,
you can lower it naturally using vitamins and other nutrients, onions, garlics, zinc, I dont suggest eating raw onion just like Shrek did in the animation,
cut onion and garlic in little pieces mix it with one mid-size bowl of yogurt and cucumber(only to make it taste better) and there you go, a healthy complex that reduces DHT level, eat one bowl each night,

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Care to explain why his sides and back are thinning when Androgenetic Alopecia affects the horse shoe pattern

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
well, there are good things and bad things about DHT level in your body, have you ever seen those super huge guys at the gym or on TV, you pay attention and you see most of them are either bald or on their way to be OR they do not have much hair, its DHT, it causes masculinity and muscle growth on the other hand, when it reaches hair follicles, it causes hair loss.
carbs,fats,ejaculation, these all causes raise in DHT level,
you can lower it naturally using vitamins and other nutrients, onions, garlics, zinc, I dont suggest eating raw onion just like Shrek did in the animation,
cut onion and garlic in little pieces mix it with one mid-size bowl of yogurt and cucumber(only to make it taste better) and there you go, a healthy complex that reduces DHT level, eat one bowl each night,

thanks. well, so lowering my dht levels gonna make my effort on gym less useful?
I do not intend on getting huge tho, just wanna keep my Adam Levine like body.