25 Years Old And In A Very Bad State.

actionmax7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am 25 years old and ive been losing my hair since 19/20 and ive finally had enough and want to take action on it. 2 years ago i went to south korea for a hair transplant but the doctor said i was too young at the them and advised against it.

Im open to all suggestions and comments

- Max

Attachments

• IMG_20161222_224618.jpg
    IMG_20161222_224618.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,998
  • IMG_20161222_224641.jpg
    IMG_20161222_224641.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,888
  • IMG_20161222_224614.jpg
    IMG_20161222_224614.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,869

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're getting close to full on bald, unless you had way more hair at the time or your donor is bad, I'm not sure why you weren't a transplant candidate

Finasteride and minoxidil, really your only medication options

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At least try minoxidil.... Buzz hair short as possible, much easier to apply it that way. Re-evaluate in 3-6 months.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
medication and surgery don't always have to be the only two options people have. simply shaving it can also be a good option if you have the right look, which I think you do.

actionmax7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it still be a good idea to get a hair transplant ? I still have a very strong sonar area

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
im not an expert on hair transplants, maybe some other guys can help. in the meantime, shave that head man lol. you can easily pull it off whilst you think about medication and surgery

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like u possibly have good donor hair.
I would shave it short, jump on dutasteride or finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo...give it a year and reassess.

Reactions: Alk

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
With that level of hair loss you would need a lot of grafts for decent coverage and density. The more you can recover with finasteride and minoxidil, the less transplant grafts you'll need. You'll need a well above average donor supply.
Alternatively consider a low density hair transplant combined with trichopigmentayion and a buzz cut for the illusion of a full head of (very short) hair.
Who knows, maybe Brotzu's lotion can actually regrow 5 years of hair loss when it's released next year!

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
With that level of hair loss you would need a lot of grafts for decent coverage and density. The more you can recover with finasteride and minoxidil, the less transplant grafts you'll need. You'll need a well above average donor supply.
Alternatively consider a low density hair transplant combined with trichopigmentayion and a buzz cut for the illusion of a full head of (very short) hair.
Who knows, maybe Brotzu's lotion can actually regrow 5 years of hair loss when it's released next year!

goldenmane have you seen examples of this buzzcut idea you keep talking about???

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
no worries. remember to take your time whatever you do. surgery and medication is no joke.

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hairtransplantnetwork.com

Pick the best surgeon and an appropriate reasonable lifelong hairstyle based on donor.

Hasson and Wong in Vancouver???

Make sure the guys gets DENSITY.

Hi Guys,

I am 25 years old and ive been losing my hair since 19/20 and ive finally had enough and want to take action on it. 2 years ago i went to south korea for a hair transplant but the doctor said i was too young at the them and advised against it.

- Max

g.i joey

Reaction score
yup, best thing would be medication/minoxidil for a year and then re-assess if you're in a better position for a transplant at that time.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
i would definitely not pursue a transplant. the baldness thing looks good on you -- i would not worry as much as you are. make sure your diet is healthy, and perhaps try finasteride/minoxidil.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
goldenmane have you seen examples of this buzzcut idea you keep talking about???
Fred demonstrates the buzzcut approach really well, but not the trichopigmentation. I haven't seen examples of that but there's no reason to believe it wouldn't work

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the transplant surgeon made the correct call, it looks like you've got quite aggressive hair loss and until it stabilizes it is not advisable. I actually saw a guy on the train once who had very bad general diffuse hair loss, but what made it look worse was the thicker hair between the NW1-2 zone where he had a transplant.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

- Max
I have a question which clinic in korea you asked for hair transplant??

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred demonstrates the buzzcut approach really well, but not the trichopigmentation. I haven't seen examples of that but there's no reason to believe it wouldn't work

actually he hasn't, that's the point. its a nice idea. and it seems to be working for him. normal people don't seem to notice anything wrong with him like his gf etc. but without close ups its impossible for any of us to see what his hair actually looks like.

you guys throw this idea around a lot but you don't post any examples for people to check out. which is crazy

and smp is a joke mate. have you seen any in real life? I have and they look just as bad as they do on the internet.

I don't want to be that guy who discourages people from treating their hair, but you cant just throw around ideas like this without showing good examples. the world is full of naïve people who look like freaks now because of hair transplants and smp

op take your f*****g time and do your research. you still have some hair on top and are dark skinned so you can easily pull of the shaved look for a while until you come up with a plan.