25 years : Norwood and treatments ?

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

This is my first post.

I am going to describe my situation, I would need the help of those who will give it to me!
My father my uncle my grandfather are all Norwood7 and were very early (between 20 and 25). I am 25 years old, I started to lose my hair at the age of 18, I directly started the Minoxidil which slowed down the loss enormously until a few months ago when everything started to be degrade .. I went from a Norwood 0.5 to 2.5 in one year ?

Today even though I love my hair I don't feel like taking finasteride after everything I've read. I'm quite fragile mentally and I have a lot of health concerns, anxiety and depression too. I think even if it was nocebo I would end up getting the worst side effects from finasteride.

I'm not necessarily trying to stop hair loss definitely (I know it's impossible without finasteride), but at least to keep my hair for a few more years! Do you have anything to offer me? I am going to start derma-rolling in combination with the minoxidil. I bought Alfatradiol to try a weak anti-androgen, maybe I would like to couple all this with Fluridil .. Apparently light too! Do you think this is a good solution? I've heard of Zix too .. I guess some here have weaker than fina methods for slowing hair loss all the same.

Thank you in advance for your advice :D. And sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• cheveux après.png
    cheveux après.png
    602.8 KB · Views: 183

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

This is my first post.

I am going to describe my situation, I would need the help of those who will give it to me!
My father my uncle my grandfather are all Norwood7 and were very early (between 20 and 25). I am 25 years old, I started to lose my hair at the age of 18, I directly started the Minoxidil which slowed down the loss enormously until a few months ago when everything started to be degrade .. I went from a Norwood 0.5 to 2.5 in one year ?

Today even though I love my hair I don't feel like taking finasteride after everything I've read. I'm quite fragile mentally and I have a lot of health concerns, anxiety and depression too. I think even if it was nocebo I would end up getting the worst side effects from finasteride.

I'm not necessarily trying to stop hair loss definitely (I know it's impossible without finasteride), but at least to keep my hair for a few more years! Do you have anything to offer me? I am going to start derma-rolling in combination with the minoxidil. I bought Alfatradiol to try a weak anti-androgen, maybe I would like to couple all this with Fluridil .. Apparently light too! Do you think this is a good solution? I've heard of Zix too .. I guess some here have weaker than fina methods for slowing hair loss all the same.

Thank you in advance for your advice :D. And sorry for my bad English.
People who refuse to use finasteride often have good reasons not to but that's not much of a path forward. There's oral minoxidil that you might try. None of those research meds are likely to help much and they are all labor and capital intensive. Micro-needling should be helpful but that's a hassle although cheap.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling should help minoxidil absorption. You could try a higher concentration of minoxidil, or try the oral version if you are willing to go through the risks. Haven't tried alfatradiol, but that and fluridil are low risk options. My guess is Zix is weaker than all of those options and probably won't do much in your situation. If you want to try something more powerful with still a low chance of systemic effects you can go with CB or RU. Castor oil is probably worth taking too. You can try Nizoral shampoo as well.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, saw palmetto acts like a very weak finasteride so maybe that's worth trying too.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Les personnes qui refusent d'utiliser le finastéride ont souvent de bonnes raisons de ne pas le faire, mais ce n'est pas vraiment une voie à suivre. Il y a du minoxidil oral que vous pourriez essayer. Aucun de ces médicaments de recherche n'est susceptible d'aider beaucoup et ils sont tous à forte intensité de main-d'œuvre et de capital. Le micro-aiguilletage devrait être utile, mais c'est un problème bien que bon marché.

Thank you for the answer. Do you know if oral minoxidil used to stop hair loss or boost hair growth like topical?

Dermarolling should help minoxidil absorption. You could try a higher concentration of minoxidil, or try the oral version if you are willing to go through the risks. Haven't tried alfatradiol, but that and fluridil are low risk options. My guess is Zix is weaker than all of those options and probably won't do much in your situation. If you want to try something more powerful with still a low chance of systemic effects you can go with CB or RU. Castor oil is probably worth taking too. You can try Nizoral shampoo as well.

Thank you for the answer. I have tried Saw Palmetto capsules without success but without any side effects! I am clearly going to try Dermarolling. But I have the impression that minoxidil has lost its effectiveness on me .. I hope it will bring it back to life! I understood that CB and RU also gave quite a few side effects similar to finasteride ? I've heard a lot about Nizoral I'll give it a try! For castor oil, do you recommend oral or topical? So I will also try fluridil if you think it is stronger than Zix!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, saw palmetto acts like a very weak finasteride so maybe that's worth trying too.
All of those are worth a try provided funds and time availability. The folks like me and Norwoody and so many others with large stacks spend a huge amount of time on this researching and it is pretty much a constant effort at least until someone gets to a point where they are willing to declare victory and go to more of a maintenance protocol.

I massage; I derma-roll; I use keto; I use another dandruff shampoo; I brush 10 to 30 minutes a day and then I have my different topical meds, primarily estrogen, minoxidil and retin-A, then I take my oral meds, minoxidil, dutasteride, Premarin and medroxyprogesterone sulfate, plus a ten day cycle of 300 mg progesterone, plus castor oil. Then I wear two estrogen patches on top of all of that, which is a bit of a hassle.

I am getting great results but even for MtF's, this can all be taxing. Anyway, OP, I think your plan is fine to diminish the importance of hair loss but be sure because once you decide not to use finasteride/Duta, that's basically it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Je parle un peu de francais mais je suis pas sur pourquoi ca est sorti en francais, lol.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil did both for me, it stopped my shedding and it helped with some regrowth. I too tried SP and same thing, didn't seem to affect me at all. Some users have reported side effects on CB and RU. But my impression is that it's still much less often than finasteride. Almost any topical is going to have much less chance for side effects. For castor oil I'd recommend a few mL of oral only because the topical is hard to wash out. Fluridil is most likely stronger than zix, I used it and it did a good job with maintenance, I didn't experience sides with it.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of those are worth a try provided funds and time availability. The folks like me and Norwoody and so many others with large stacks spend a huge amount of time on this researching and it is pretty much a constant effort at least until someone gets to a point where they are willing to declare victory and go to more of a maintenance protocol.

I massage; I derma-roll; I use keto; I use another dandruff shampoo; I brush 10 to 30 minutes a day and then I have my different topical meds, primarily estrogen, minoxidil and retin-A, then I take my oral meds, minoxidil, dutasteride, Premarin and medroxyprogesterone sulfate, plus a ten day cycle of 300 mg progesterone, plus castor oil. Then I wear two estrogen patches on top of all of that, which is a bit of a hassle.

I am getting great results but even for MtF's, this can all be taxing. Anyway, OP, I think your plan is fine to diminish the importance of hair loss but be sure because once you decide not to use finasteride/Duta, that's basically it.
You speak French well ! I have the funds and the time if it doesn't ruin my health! Indeed, you use a lot of things, it's impressive! If Dermarolling, Castor Oil, Fluridil doesn't reduce my loss enough I might try finasteride at very low dosages (0.25 every two days) ...
Oral minoxidil did both for me, it stopped my shedding and it helped with some regrowth. I too tried SP and same thing, didn't seem to affect me at all. Some users have reported side effects on CB and RU. But my impression is that it's still much less often than finasteride. Almost any topical is going to have much less chance for side effects. For castor oil I'd recommend a few mL of oral only because the topical is hard to wash out. Fluridil is most likely stronger than zix, I used it and it did a good job with maintenance, I didn't experience sides with it.

I might want to try oral minoxidil but it sounds dangerous! I will try oral castor oil in this case! Interesting and reassuring your experience of Fluridil. For CB and RU a lot less people take it than finasteride I guess. Maybe the cases of side effects are greatly reduced by this? Proportionally it may be the same ...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You speak French well ! I have the funds and the time if it doesn't ruin my health! Indeed, you use a lot of things, it's impressive! If Dermarolling, Castor Oil, Fluridil doesn't reduce my loss enough I might try finasteride at very low dosages (0.25 every two days) ...

I might want to try oral minoxidil but it sounds dangerous! I will try oral castor oil in this case! Interesting and reassuring your experience of Fluridil. For CB and RU a lot less people take it than finasteride I guess. Maybe the cases of side effects are greatly reduced by this? Proportionally it may be the same ...
Yes and you are right to remember titration as your friend not just for reductase inhibitors but for any med. So often, people just say, "oh, I can't tolerate that because of the sides" but it might be an issue of finding a lower sweet spot.

Aside from the toiling aspect of all of this, it is quite interesting and it sounds as though you have the interest in playing around a bit with some different things and that can be fulfilling and exciting. My main caveat is that without HRT, a person is unlikely to be able to get back to a long hair style but this is also age-dependent.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and you are right to remember titration as your friend not just for reductase inhibitors but for any med. So often, people just say, "oh, I can't tolerate that because of the sides" but it might be an issue of finding a lower sweet spot.

Aside from the toiling aspect of all of this, it is quite interesting and it sounds as though you have the interest in playing around a bit with some different things and that can be fulfilling and exciting. My main caveat is that without HRT, a person is unlikely to be able to get back to a long hair style but this is also age-dependent.
If I switch to finasteride I would try to find the right dosage yes!

Yes I can not wait to try all of this but the problem I can't find many reviews for Fluridil and the others products like this. I don't know if this works, if it depends on the people or if it's bullshit. But for me it's not a problem not to find my hair from before. If I can maintain what I have or slowly lose I would be very happy!

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If I can ask you a question, what is your experience with fluridil? If it worked for maintenance why did you stop?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only have hairline issues, so I usually split it between half an ampoule in the morning and another half at night. I didn't usually need more than that. There were some days I would use more if I was itchy. I think it's worth a shot if you can spare the cash for it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only have hairline issues, so I usually split it between half an ampoule in the morning and another half at night. I didn't usually need more than that. There were some days I would use more if I was itchy. I think it's worth a shot if you can spare the cash for it.
Ampoules. So chic compared to a ratty minoxidil dropper. I remember buying placental factors formulas for hair in ampoules when I lived in Europe where they love these devices apparently.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh ok ! But for moderate alopecia androgenetica do you think it has the potential to match finasteride or at least stop hair loss?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok ! But for moderate alopecia androgenetica do you think it has the potential to match finasteride or at least stop hair loss?
Eh. Everybody is different but I don't think that it has the potential to match finasteride. I just see too many guys complaining about the experimental meds and no one appears to think that there are any solutions out there or even in the works for guys better than reductase inhibitors, which makes sense. Then you get into dosages and cost issues where maybe something works like estriol but you need huge amounts of it at the margin.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh. Everybody is different but I don't think that it has the potential to match finasteride. I just see too many guys complaining about the experimental meds and no one appears to think that there are any solutions out there or even in the works for guys better than reductase inhibitors, which makes sense. Then you get into dosages and cost issues where maybe something works like estriol but you need huge amounts of it at the margin.
What solutions do you think of ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What solutions do you think of ?
There's a reason that the well-known meds are known. I recommend finasteride/Duta/Min/Keto plus derma-rolling plus retin-A but nothing comes close to estrogen which is not an option obviously for you. I am not against experimental meds and those who have the time, patience, energy and funds should consider them but for many people, all of this can be exhausting and they just want one treatment, two tops, I think.