25, Stage 4 Male Pattern Baldness

giorgioce

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 25, and has been taking Propecia 1.25mg/ day for the past one and a half month.
Before taking, the two sides of my hair line have been receding severely.
After 1 1/2 month of treatment, I start to see some very small hair follicles growing on two sides of my hair.
Can someone comment on my photos? Are the small hair follicles consider a progress?

Thanks! 7.18 (2).jpg7.18.jpg

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
Vellus hairs don't always grow into terminal hairs but they are better than nothing. One and a half months is far too shot of a timeframe really to judge. All I can say is to stick to finasteride and hope for the best like most people on here. I haven't had any regrowth at all personally but no loss either so something has to be said for that.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course it's progress! And if they are dark and/or the same color as your head hair color, they are probably not vellus hairs. Vellus hairs are the whiter/colorless hairs that grow all over your body. I have been putting minoxidil on the hairless parts of my temples for a year and I can tell the vellus hairs are longer than those right below it that have not been exposed to the minoxidil. But they are not darker.

giorgioce

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Are the small black dots that appear on the two sides of my head considered as hair follicles?