25, Receding Hairline, Minoxidil?

toby_russel

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm 25 and for a few years now I've noticed a definite receding hairline. Recently it's started to bother me more and more and I've decided I'd like to try and do something about it. I've always had particularly thick hair, but now it seems to be getting thinner along the hairline, I haven't noticed any hairloss/thinning anywhere else. Just the hairline at this point.

Thinking about picking up some minoxidil this weekend and giving it a try. Any suggestions?
I'm pretty worried about the shedding, but I wear my hair long so hopefully I can just cover anything up with "creative parting" :)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

see attached pics for the current situation :(

Attachments

• front_92208.jpg
    front_92208.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,732
  • left_92208.jpg
    left_92208.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,716
  • right_92208.jpg
    right_92208.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 7,500
  • top_92208.jpg
    top_92208.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 7,658

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the generic liquid minoxidil for about 6 weeks. It's still early days so no notable improvements yet. I went through a pretty big shed the first couple weeks and I'm still bouncing back from that. It seems all the people on here who have had success filling in their hairlines have been either on the liquid minoxidil or the foam. Can't say which one works better but liquid is much cheaper and seems to be slightly more popular here than foam.

Some negatives Ive experienced. Beard has gotten thicker (i hate shaving), on the slick spots on my temples it remains greasy for a ridiculous amount of time although I've read putting it on right after a shower helps this, and of course had a big shed that bought me below baseline.

Best advice is to do it twice a day without fail and be patient. Visible improvements seem to first start around 3-4 months from what I've seen around here. Then those who have stuck it out a year or longer have had amazing results.

good luck

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil wond do a whole lot for a recieding hairling. If I were you I would get on finasteride to maintain and regrow a bit. You've got a perfct head of hair to cut it shorter and flip it up in the front, chicks love it and it looks great.

-DH