25, New To Forum, New To Hair-loss, And The Start Of My Journey.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
During the first 10-15 days on finasteride, I had an extreme boost in libido and was horny 24/7. That has died down and I masturbate every night and wake up with an erection.

"died down"

were you jerking it every 15 minutes or what ?

on a serious note. what you describe does not sound like male pattern baldness so i'm not sure if finasteride is the right way to go. two things that would help is description of family history of hair loss and some photos of your hair.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm 25 reasonably fit and iv recently started to battle
My hair loss and have decided to join this forum to show my journey and the ups and down along with it, as well as receive feedback and advice. As a little back story, I used steroids for a 3 month cycle and that seemed to jump start my hair loss. I have used everything I can to try and stop/reverse it and have now started a round of finasteride. I take biotine in large amounts and several other supplements, while eating lots of vegetables in my diet as well as using rogaine. When I started to notice it falling out, it happened very rapidly and almost felt like over night I went from dense hair to being able to see my scalp in the sunlight. My hairline did not move, but the density had gone way down. It is thin all over, and no where in particular. The sides are thin, top back front, my entire head is the same level of thinning. I have been off for two years and in the mean time have been eating very healthy and excersizing regularly taking many vitamins and minerals and over the span for two years or so it has gradually gotten worse, but not terribly. I'm roughly an Norwood 1.5 but very thin, with scalp clearly visible. Hairline is actually still quite good. I'm
Here to share my story and my reaction to finasteride as I know it has many side effects.

During the first 10-15 days on finasteride, I had an extreme boost in libido and was horny 24/7. That has died down and I masturbate every night and wake up with an erection. I have been on it for a month now and have no sexual issues and everything seems back to normal* but I periodically get a slight headache, but I work in a very warm environment and don't always get to drink water due to having to stop and urinate so often and it effecting my job.

Thanks for having me fellas, sorry for the long story

Edit: addition

I had the same effects on fina for the first month. My orgasms felt insane. Lucky that I managed to f*** a few times without a condom during that period.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao this thread and replies are killing me. Y
@topic, yeah dude, shoulda known better that roids do that sh*t to your hair unless you've got godly genetics like Jeff Seid for example. Post photos, blur your face or something if you wanna stay on the low.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah you probably shouldn't be on finasteride. you have CTE going by the description.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah you probably shouldn't be on finasteride. you have CTE going by the description.
Why is this thread so funny? sh*t is real bud no beating around the bush here. I get so in depth with the sexual part because it seems finasteride can have some serious side effects in that department. Besides the initial increase in libido, everything has gone back to normal besides the odd headache. As for pictures, picture a Norwood 1.5 but thin enough to see scalp. That should paint a picture for you for Refrence

Not really, some diagnose themselves as norwood 4 when they get a mature hairline, others are in fact Norwood 5 and havent even noticed.
I still think you should upload a pic for more detailed answers, but thats your choice of course.The best thing you can do though is see a dermatologist if you haven't already.