.25 mg finasteride everyday?

relap5

Reaction score
I'm 19 years old, and I notice some hair fall
I can see balding when I take shower but not that much
My balding is not that noticeable.

will .25 mg finasteride everyday be enough?

does the side effects really occur if I use finasteride?

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects were seen only by 2% of the people if i'm not wrong and. 0.25mg should be enough if your hairfall isn't too much. But first go and see a doctor.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been taking 0.25-0-33mg every day. You can se my other thread for pictures about the results!

relap5

Reaction score
Side effects were seen only by 2% of the people if i'm not wrong and. 0.25mg should be enough if your hairfall isn't too much. But first go and see a doctor.

have you tried finasteride? did you have any side effects?

- - - Updated - - -

i have been taking 0.25-0-33mg every day. You can se my other thread for pictures about the results!

Have you experienced any side effects?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used it for approximately two weeks and experienced minor side effects, if you'd call them that.
I definitely noticed a lack of (perhaps weaker) morning wood after the first week, a minor hit to the libido, I also experienced watery semen which prompted me to stop. No one has really answered my questions as to what watery semen actually infers, so without hesitation I stopped taking propecia; fear of self-castration. I also fear I started to develop gyno but I'm not too sure about that in honestly. I only took 0.25 every day, just to be safe. I have stopped now and feel 100% fine.

I definitely recommend at least trying propecia because it could be your wonder drug. I recommend a dosage of 0.25 to be safe.
By the way I only started experiencing sides after a week.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
if you want finasteride to work you have to inhibit a certain amount of DHT - I doubt you can 'cheat' your way around side effects by taking lower doses.

I get watery semen and it is slightly concerning but its very common with finasteride. Most sources I've read claim it doesn't affect the quality of the sperm

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you want finasteride to work you have to inhibit a certain amount of DHT - I doubt you can 'cheat' your way around side effects by taking lower doses.

I get watery semen and it is slightly concerning but its very common with finasteride. Most sources I've read claim it doesn't affect the quality of the sperm
I have a feeling there isn't much to the whole watery semen thing, I might start it up again in a couple months. Just that ****ing gyno though...

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
the whole finasteride causing gyno thing is just another messageboard myth blown out of all proportion IMO. Reading these boards would have you believe that almost everyone who uses finasteride develops gyno, when the reality is its a very rare side effect and usually on people who are already susceptible to it ie. overweight, have other hormonal problems etc

its one of the reasons why you should always consult with a doctor before starting finasteride, although many don't seem to bother and treat the internet as their 'doctor'

yid_1984

Reaction score
I have a feeling there isn't much to the whole watery semen thing, I might start it up again in a couple months. Just that ****ing gyno though...

it goes back to normal in a few months..(it did for me).. the watery thing is just the initial phase