25 and noticed a bit of thinning

lclutchl

Reaction score
After developing bleeding ulcers and getting a blood transfusion i noticed my hair had thinned in the front. It surprised me because that does not run in my family my dad nor grandpa on either side has lost there hair nor my two brothers.
It has me down and im trying not to stress about this. The course of action i wish to take is the use of essential oils on my hair. I have seen improvements for others and think it can work for me. I have not gotten worse. My sisters and GF says it looks better than it did but i cant see a difference. The first 3 are recent and the last one was in December of last year. Bad pics i know but its what i got. Has anyone here seen sucess with essiential oils? Like lavender, peppermint and thyme and sage and many more.
20140414_113010.jpg20140414_113048.jpg20140209_094652.jpg20131225_122307.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is definitely male pattern baldness, although you can never know whether you will stop at a nw2 or keep going. If you start using finasteride 1.25mg daily now it looks like you have a lot of miniaturized hair on your temples and provided you respond well to the drug those should grow back as normal sized hairs over time and they will fill in. Natural supplements are pretty much all bs or too weak to make any real difference. The only things that work besides medications are things like thickening hair products but those do not prevent additional hair loss

lclutchl

Reaction score
that is definitely male pattern baldness, although you can never know whether you will stop at a nw2 or keep going. If you start using finasteride 1.25mg daily now it looks like you have a lot of miniaturized hair on your temples and provided you respond well to the drug those should grow back as normal sized hairs over time and they will fill in. Natural supplements are pretty much all bs or too weak to make any real difference. The only things that work besides medications are things like thickening hair products but those do not prevent additional hair loss
how can i get that stuff?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
how can i get that stuff?

Get it online you do not need a prescription, find the most cost effective product and double check it is from a reliable supplier. Inhousepharmacy is good. Get 5mg dosage like Proscar or Fincar and also a pill splitter and break it into fourths and take a fourth daily.

lclutchl

Reaction score
Get it online you do not need a prescription, find the most cost effective product and double check it is from a reliable supplier. Inhousepharmacy is good. Get 5mg dosage like Proscar or Fincar and also a pill splitter and break it into fourths and take a fourth daily.

Ok so thats the first step. What does this do exactly. Stop me from losing hair and grow back what i lost. This is especially hard for me cause i was about to apply to a modeling agency but this has kinda killed my confidence. Will it be permenant once i get it back or would i need to continue this forever?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so thats the first step. What does this do exactly. Stop me from losing hair and grow back what i lost. This is especially hard for me cause i was about to apply to a modeling agency but this has kinda killed my confidence. Will it be permenant once i get it back or would i need to continue this forever?

It needs to be continued forever or the hair will fall back out. Also, if you don't know much about it, it can take up to 3 months for shedding to stop and hair to start growing back. Sometimes it takes up to a year to see results on it. You can look up the FDA studies if you want.

lclutchl

Reaction score
I don't have shedding. My hair has been like this for for over half a year no worse i never had a handful of hair or noticed any on my pillow. Is this year to see results with any treatment

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't have any noticeable shedding than your hair loss is likely to be extremely slow

lclutchl

Reaction score
Could this mean that is is due to another underlying cause? Cause like i said this does not run in my family

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have any noticeable shedding than your hair loss is likely to be extremely slow
also since it'll be slow is it easier to reverse

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
also since it'll be slow is it easier to reverse

Or it could also be long agonizing torment watching yourself get sloooowly robbed of your identity.

lclutchl

Reaction score
Or it could also be long agonizing torment watching yourself get sloooowly robbed of your identity.
NAw not that for everything that happens there is a way out of it or to reverse it. Its just finding the information. Usually the most effective treatments are the least talked about because people cannot make money from them. So its very hard to find. If you cant sell it why promote it. Pharmaceutical companies cannot sell essential oils so they don't talk about them. Thats the road imma take. I will let you guys know how it goes

Before that i would like to know what information you guys have on the subject besides the very melancholy advice and instructions i have received

lclutchl

Reaction score

Well Guys. I went to a Trichologist and he said my thinning was not genetic but due to a severe vitamin D deficiency. So i advise you guys to get blood work done and see if you are deficient in anything. Apparently its more common than you think and mimics male pattern baldness. I will let you guys know when my hair has returned to normal and how long it took while taking vitamin D

- - - Updated - - -

Willl post the new pictures so you know im not bull****ting you. Until then good luck with your endeavors