[24m] Watery Clear Runny Sperm Concerns

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on 0.25mg finasteride everyday for about three months now and still have watery sperm. I'm concerned I won't be able to have kids in the future. Especially because it'd probably be in the way distant future. My sperm is kinda cloudy but mostly transparent, watery in consistency, and not very sticky at all. Should I quit? Did I already do permanent damage? Before starting this drug I had thick cloudy sperm that was not runny at all.

I can see some new hairs forming around my temples but I'm still losing about 100-150 hairs everyday like I have been for the as long as I can remember, way before starting this drug. I still have thick hair, just some recession at about a NW1.5. IMO my hair looks unchanged from three months ago. It also basically looked the same a year ago as well.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really a small dose. Have you ever considered taking topical Finasteride?

I currently do that, but I take other drugs as well.

From what I read, that might be a temporary side effect. That is really a small dose you are taking.

Chances are, you probably don't have agressive hair loss. Or you just got hairloss during puberty, which could be a one time thing.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
That's really a small dose. Have you ever considered taking topical Finasteride?

I currently do that, but I take other drugs as well.

From what I read, that might be a temporary side effect. That is really a small dose you are taking.

Chances are, you probably don't have agressive hair loss. Or you just got hairloss during puberty, which could be a one time thing.

Thanks for the response. Nope never tried topical and don't know how to get it. I'm just quartering a 1mg tablet of propecia. And looking at inhibittion curves anything over 0.25mg really doesn't make much of a difference. So side effects would be nearly 100% the same as 1mg or 1.25mg... think of it logically and what the drug is doing, regardless of the dosage. It's doing nearly the same thing at 0.25 vs 1.25

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to choose less cringe-inducing title next time :rolleyes:
It was funny, though.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Nope never tried topical and don't know how to get it. I'm just quartering a 1mg tablet of propecia. And looking at inhibittion curves anything over 0.25mg really doesn't make much of a difference. So side effects would be nearly 100% the same as 1mg or 1.25mg... think of it logically and what the drug is doing, regardless of the dosage. It's doing nearly the same thing at 0.25 vs 1.25

That's good if it's really working for you. It's just that's a very small dose. Genes are very strange.

Your hair loss probably isn't very aggressive. Some guys aren't.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Try to choose less cringe-inducing title next time :rolleyes:
It was funny, though.

I needed to meet that seven word minimum fam!:D:D:D

That's good if it's really working for you. It's just that's a very small dose. Genes are very strange.

Your hair loss probably isn't very aggressive. Some guys aren't.

Dht is still inhibited basically the same amount regardless of dosage after about 0.25mg. Anyone taking 1mg would probably see the same results (and side effects) if they were taking 0.25mg.

I don't think this thread should be about the dose I'm taking but more if I'll be able to have kids one day. Let's get back on to that

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it works for your hair, more power to you.

That said, you should get yourself checked by a urologist, because they can explain if there are issues
down there. There's no harm in getting it checked, especially if you're young.

If you are young and very sexually active, eventually it might get watery in between solid ejactualations, that is a possibility.

I was very sexually active in my young/mid twenties, and I never took Finasteride then. I did have watery ejactulations in between, when I had sex multiple times a day.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on 0.25mg finasteride everyday for about three months now and still have watery sperm. I'm concerned I won't be able to have kids in the future...

You will still be able to have kids, but only girls. :cool:

Seriously though, this hormonal balancing act the body goes through when it is altered can take a few months before you see how it stabilizes. Same with guys taking testosterone replacementor hgh. I'd give it six months then reevaluate. Even so, if you want to be sure, quite finasteride a year before having kids. finasteride may affect your sex drive but it will not permanently change the characteristics of your semen.

Anil

My Regimen
Reaction score
i use finasteride 6 month and give break like 3 months and again i use 6 months. totally 1 year. when i was using it i only develop gyno ( i was th
nking like that) there was no problem about being hard when necesaary etc. but after quit like 14 days later, my erections get 5x more powerful and orgasm 5x more pleasure. now i see believe me. I will not say drug compeltely kill my erections its not true and drug also help me to regrowth hair too was amazing but man this orgasm are great !

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a one night stand last week; I blasted my watery Finasteride induced jizz on this girl's chest and she gave me a weird look.

Still have a full head of hair though.

Well, that's all that matters. In the end, nobody wants c*m from a bald guy. That's just a waste of sperm.

Last edited:

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"RESULT(S): At presentation, 27 (0.6%) of 4,400 men on finasteride. The mean duration of treatment with finasteride was 57.4 months, and mean dose was 1.04 mg/day. There was an average 11.6-fold increase in sperm counts after finasteride discontinuation. Of the men with severe oligospermia (<5 M/mL), 57% had counts increase to >15 M/mL after finasteride cessation. No man had a decrease in sperm count. There was no change in hormone parameters, sperm motility, or sperm morphology.

CONCLUSION(S): Finasteride, even at low doses, may cause reduced sperm counts in some men. In this population, counts improved dramatically for the majority of men after finasteride discontinuation. The hormone parameters, sperm motility, and sperm morphology were unchanged after cessation. Finasteride should be discontinued in subfertile men with oligospermia, and used with caution in men who desire fertility"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24012200/

Did they get back to that level they had before they used finasteride?

We dont know.

Reminder:

"But some research in animals suggest that, if taken long enough, the drug could also ultimately damage genital tissue, leaving penises fibrotic and scarred. "

It can irreversible damage your penis..why not your balls?

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/articl...y-behind-americas-best-selling-hair-loss-drug