24 years old, this looks really bad.

dt428

Reaction score
NOW:
I've been growing my hair out for quite some time now. It's become increasingly apparent that the top of my head is REALLY lacking a lot of hair. Here are a few pictures I took today:
IMG_0713.jpgIMG_0716.jpgIMG_0719.jpgIMG_0720.jpgIMG_0709.jpg

I am currently applying 5% Minoxidil twice a day. I've been doing this for a little over a year now. I am really not seeing any results. If anything, my hair is falling at a much faster rate. I am also experiencing chest pains, which may or may not be due to rogaine (I have a lot of anxiety, so it's probably due to that).

I am considering doing a hair graft transplant. I've read that it can be dangerous to get this procedure done before the age of 30 (since I am likely to lose a lot more hair). What would you guys recommend? I am really really really sensitive about my hair (it is literally my only good attribute). I am terrified currently.

I don't mind posting a picture of how my hair looks normally from the front. From the front, you can't tell I guess... but as soon as I part my hair (as in the above photos) it looks reallllllly bad :(
IMG_0695.jpg

BEFORE (~6-8 months ago):
before.jpgbefore2.jpg

Offtopic: can anyone shed some light on whether Minoxidil can contribute to facial aging? Thank you.

Me with short hair ~6 months ago: http://i41.tinypic.com/2d6psnl.jpg

natnat1999

Reaction score
DONT USE ROGAINE IT IS TERRIBLE AND YOU WILL AGE SO MUCH!

take it from someone who has experienced it first hand!

loco88

Reaction score
^Lol you will age so much? you crazy?

1. Go to a dermatologist to fully asses your situation.

2.IF the diagnose is indeed male pattern baldness then Finasteride every day (try it out for a whole year)

3.IF you want to add extra volume and maybe just maybe some temple regrowth then go with minoxidil once or twice a day (every 12 hours)

4. Start using nizoral shampoo twice a week

And that is it my friend...If you are able to halt male pattern baldness or slow it down a lot then you can think about a transplant but you have at least 2 years to go with meds before jumping to a hair transplant.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^Lol you will age so much? you crazy?

1. Go to a dermatologist to fully asses your situation.

2.IF the diagnose is indeed male pattern baldness then Finasteride every day (try it out for a whole year)

3.IF you want to add extra volume and maybe just maybe some temple regrowth then go with minoxidil once or twice a day (every 12 hours)

4. Start using nizoral shampoo twice a week

And that is it my friend...If you are able to halt male pattern baldness or slow it down a lot then you can think about a transplant but you have at least 2 years to go with meds before jumping to a hair transplant.

This thread is 2 years old.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say you're hair looks much better than mine does right now at 22 :/ I'm seriously jealous but I wouldn't recommend a hair transplant just yet; take finasteride for a year beforehand and see how much you can grow. You can likely save thousands you would lose on a transplant, and either way you're hair loss is only gonna progress further down the road without medication so you're gonna have to get on it sooner or later.