24 years old, lost over 50% of my hair in a year

progosu

Reaction score
yesterday I started taking finasteride, I'll be taking 1.25mg EOD

progosu

Reaction score
I've lost almost everything I gained with minoxidil...

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is way way above baseline you havnt lost all your gains, it looks just like it did in December

progosu

Reaction score
Ok, so I stopped taking this poison, I had bad sides after that, and it was not all in my head for sure, because I didn't even believe that finasteride can cause such damage.

this is how it looks now (strong lighting + flash)
http://i.imgur.com/eNquFIM.jpg

I'm happy with it, but if it only lasted for a few years...

progosu

Reaction score
that is me! :)

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, one steroid monkey saying that spironolactone didn't work for him, and you won't try it? If you are responding well from keto (which is a weak anti androgen), technically spironolactone should gives you results too. Do you know how many people say finasteride doesn't work for them? A few. Doesn't mean it won't work for you. IMO, you should have tried topical spironolactone first.

macamaca

Banned
Reaction score
Your hair looks much better! Try taking saw palmetto, people say it doesn't work but why not just take it anyway? It's suggested it reduces DHT. Could also try azelaic acid as an alternative to spironolactone, again there isn't really any evidence that it works but you could try! :)

progosu

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a little question, I started taking finasteride, because the situation on my head was getting worse and worse every day. I've been using it for a month (1.25mg/day) It stopped my hair from falling out, before finasteride I could find about 50 hairs in my sink, and now it's like 1 to 5 at most. I just have to ask. Is it possible that finasteride stopped working? in a few first days my libido was a little affected, I had watery semen but now it seems like everything's back to normal, I'm afraid it stopped working and this drug was my last hope. Should I be worried? am I doing something wrong?

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
No, finasteride didn't stop working. Your side effects just stopped happening, which is normal, and is a good thing (who wants side effects?).

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Normal most who experience sides report them disappearing after awhile. Only thing I know finasteride gave me was watery semen within the first week of taking it. I think 2 1/2 months later it was gone and back to normal.

wakka12

Reaction score
Im so happy for you man. And side effects usually lessen in severity as treatment continues, nothing to worry about at all, in fact you should be happy about it cause you can definitely stay on it now