24 years old - Am I overreacting?

Templezz

Reaction score
Hey people,

A little about me, I am 24 years old who will be starting dental school this august. So I can definitely say that I am happy about life as of now but I have started to worry more and more about my hairline for 2 years now. I had a full frontal hairline with thick temples two years ago but Ive noticed some thinning since then with hair shedding every time I showered. I was horrified by this and started lipogaine solution and the shampoo last year and hopped on finasteride since last September.

The pictures are attached. Am I really thinning and should stay on finasteride and minoxidil, or is it just an overreaction? cheers!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks pretty good man. I think minoxidil was a complete overkill for your stage of the game, Finasteride and Nizoral is all you really need at this point.

Templezz

Reaction score
Your hair looks pretty good man. I think minoxidil was a complete overkill for your stage of the game, Finasteride and Nizoral is all you really need at this point.

thanks!! but I really want regrowth at the bald spot where my frontal hairline meets my temples (especially the left side in the pic). I have used lipogaine solution on and off because of the bloated look it causes to my face in addition to making it appear 'darker' and exaggerating my dark circles.

Do you suggest rogaine foam instead? and should I ditch the lipogaine big 3 shampoo for nizoral shampoo?

cheers

2Young4This

Reaction score
I think your hair is really good...

Do you have history of hair loss in the family? Any side effects from the treatment?

Templezz

Reaction score
I think your hair is really good...

Do you have history of hair loss in the family? Any side effects from the treatment?

thanks!

My dad is a NW6 so thats why I am scared for my life here kinda haha. Also a good amount of my cousin's from my dad's side are all at least NW3 and balding, although there are some that are still around NW1-2. From my mom's side, my uncles are all NW1-2 so no bad signs there.

I started lipogaine solution at night a year ago and have noticed some darkening of the eyes and skin sagging a little but its not too much imo. Hopped on finasteride last september and so far the only sides I've experienced are very slightly weaker erections and minor throbbing headaches occasionally.

2Young4This

Reaction score
I started lipogaine solution at night a year ago and have noticed some darkening of the eyes and skin sagging a little but its not too much imo. Hopped on finasteride last september and so far the only sides I've experienced are very slightly weaker erections and minor throbbing headaches occasionally.

Be careful with the weaker erections...very common side effect. It took me two weeks to notice my erections weren't up to their full potential, and it was actually taking more and more focus for me to be able to finish. Eventually it got to a point where I could not finish, that's when I decided to drop finasteride.

Templezz

Reaction score
Be careful with the weaker erections...very common side effect. It took me two weeks to notice my erections weren't up to their full potential, and it was actually taking more and more focus for me to be able to finish. Eventually it got to a point where I could not finish, that's when I decided to drop finasteride.

well I have been using finasteride for 7 months now and my erections are still okay. I do notice some loss of morning wood though. The thing is, I am scared of quitting finasteride and then seeing my hairline thin even more. Current dosage is 0.5 mg so I'll stick to that and ride it through.

2Young4This

Reaction score
well I have been using finasteride for 7 months now and my erections are still okay. I do notice some loss of morning wood though. The thing is, I am scared of quitting finasteride and then seeing my hairline thin even more. Current dosage is 0.5 mg so I'll stick to that and ride it through.

Very true, it's always a difficult decision. But keep an eye on that weaker erection stuff because it tends to manifest and kind of sneaks up on you..

All the best.