24 Year Old Male Model Am I Balding?

Kevin24

My Regimen
Reaction score
A98C9358-BE41-4E27-8D34-C2F3FDB106A8.jpeg
DBC90144-574E-40C5-8818-FFBC1A884CFD.jpeg
Hey guys so I’m 24 years old and I model so my hair is pretty much my livelihood I cannot lose it. I have neck length hair and recently had to have it layered and thinned out for a specific style. Now I’ve always had thinner hair since I was a kid but I noticed after this specific cut my hair started to seem really thin to me. So I set up an appointment at a hair clinic and the doctor told me I had very rapid diffuse thinning and had to start a whole bunch of treatments ASAP. I instantly went to my doctor and booked an appointment with a proper dermatologist but my appointment isn’t for 2 and a half months and now all I’m doing is obsessing over my hair thinking I’m balding by the second. As you can see I have a pretty prominent middle part, this is my hair fresh out the shower. Should I start some type of program instantly or wait for the dermatologist? Am I truly balding that quickly or were they lying to me? If I go bald I have no career and this is literally all I can think about.

Thank you In advance for answers.

Attachments

• 9632C37B-E809-4365-9CE3-6F515F46AB8A.jpeg
    9632C37B-E809-4365-9CE3-6F515F46AB8A.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Kevin24

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I should add if I go directly under a bright light I can actually see my scalp at the edges of the part line. I do not know if it was always like that I had never checked that thoroughly until the clinic told me I was balding.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what treatment did the doctor at the hair clinic tell you to take? Your best options are finasteride and minoxidil which you can buy on the net

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody can really tell you if you are in the very early stages or if you are fine. We do not know how your hair is normally. Especially with you just coming out of the shower, your hair does not have blatant thinning.

Kevin24

My Regimen
Reaction score
He recommended I started a bunch of oil and laser treatments in his clinic three times a week. Which is why I refused and booked an appointment with the Derm

abcdefg

Reaction score
At this stage its too early to tell from pictures. You need to look and judge or compare back to older pictures. Get opinions of people that know you and see you a lot what do they think? If other people cant tell, and you cant tell than its not bad enough to do anything. Maybe to you it is though everyone is different. I wouldnt start a life long drug unless I was absolutely sure, and even then id hesitate some.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is hard to tell from those pictures. What does your hairline look like? Do you think you have recession? What's your family history like with regards to male pattern baldness?

Kevin24

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t seem to have a receding hairline when I look at pictures all the way back to 16 it looks the same. But I do shed a lot

It wasn’t a derm he was a trichologist.

My dad has all his hair and his dad had all his hair and very thick at 90 but my moms dad was fully bald at 25

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t seem to have a receding hairline when I look at pictures all the way back to 16 it looks the same. But I do shed a lot

It wasn’t a derm he was a trichologist.

My dad has all his hair and his dad had all his hair and very thick at 90 but my moms dad was fully bald at 25
Its hard to say which side of the family you'll follow in the footsteps of hairwise. Considering that your maternal granddad was fully bald at 25, you need to keep a very close eye on your hair. I don't think anyone on this forum can tell you for sure if you are thinning. I suggest you try to find a dermatologist who can see you sooner than the one that's nearly three months away. There surely must be one available who can see you sooner.

You did the right thing in refusing the oil and laser treatments than the previous doctor suggested. These things don't work for hair loss. The only thing that is currently available that we know works well for hair loss is finasteride or its stronger alternative dutasteride. This is an important fact to know. Everything else currently available is either a lot weaker than these drugs, or is unproven. So basically, if you do discover for sure that you are thinning, you need to start taking finasteride as soon as you reasonably can.