24 year old giving finasteride and minoxidil a shot

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
You ain't a bad looking fellow even with a shaved head. Most people can't pull that off! I think you should keep the shaved look, and if finasteride+minoxidil even regrows a little along the hairline it would do a lot to frame your face better. Good luck buddy keep us updated with pictures!

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't even bother with treatments, you look good being shaved. I wish a had a head like this.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
no @ alex

always look better with hair

good luck

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn, that first pic looks just like the top of my head. There is no harm in giving treatments a try. Let us know how things turn out.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
You have a gorgeous face, even without hair, so you have that going for you! Haha. Good luck!

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people look as good bald. If you look a bit older and have masculine features it looks great. Zidane for instance imo looks much better bald, you also look great bald.

By all means give the treatments a shot but if I looked like you I wouldn't be devastated if they didn't work.

Good luck

Reaction score
damn i also started balding at 17, i'm 18 now. Dude what do you suggest I do? If you could go back in time to when you were 18, what would you do in terms of hair loss?

would propecia be healthy for me?

Reaction score
haha i have the exact same balding pattern and same age. yeah i shave my head and it's no biggie but it would be nice to have a little more stubble or at least grow some fuzz and have a nice fade. so i could feel your pain bro. good luck!

base10

Reaction score
Even though you have lost your hair at a young age you are lucky because you've been blessed with good looks. The rest of us will lose our hair and look even worse.

Reaction score
hey bro i was researching about propecia, there are really bad side effects , and my doctor also warned me about it :/ , and im only 18 i cant risk my penis like that. would it be okay to wait 2 years? how bald were u when u were 20?

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
hey bro i was researching about propecia, there are really bad side effects , and my doctor also warned me about it :/ , and im only 18 i cant risk my penis like that. would it be okay to wait 2 years? how bald were u when u were 20?

One doctor told me I'd most likely have a loss of libido. One said I could become impotent. Another said he would be surprised if I had any problems. The one that knew the most about the science and research was the one who told me I would have no problems. It took me a year to decide, and due to a lot of other things I decided to take it. I haven't been on it long enough to know if I have any side effects yet, but someone's words from this site stuck with me - he said "there are those who don't get side effects from finasteride, and there are those who think they are getting side effects from finasteride." You have time to decide, but check out this site, post questions, and make an informed decision.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it looks too bad! It's only been a bit over 2 months for you though, hope you're getting some regrowth soon bro!

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And BTW I'm now officially on the "Big Three", I'm gonna start using Nizoral 2% today. I'll probably use it 3x week. What do you think? I've been having this killer itch lately!

How long should you let it soak on your head?
2-3 times a week is fine. I use nizoral depending on the random variables of life. Ie. depending on how the surroundings make my scalp/hair feel like; stuff like stress, weather etc. affect that for me.

I usually do nizoral every 3-4 days, but sometimes I've done it every 2nd day for a week or so when I've felt a bit itchy. It's not the unbearable, inflammatory strong male pattern baldness-itch I had when on no treatments, but a dull manageable itch, but nizoral still helps with it. Other times, I do nizoral like every 5-6 days. So basically it just varies - just don't get too "Nizoral-greedy", because I've heard it can make you shed and have problems. Every 3 days is safe and good I guess.

As far as letting it soak; I have it on my scalp for about 5~ minutes, give or take. I usually put it on my head and then shave my beard while having nizoral on. (I shave while showering). When I am done shaving and stuff, I'll rinse it. Having it on for too little time can make it so it doesn't give you the full benefits, but having it be up there for a longass time can be bad. 3-5 minutes~ seem good to me.

A constant fighter

Reaction score
Honestly dude, I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that you might be one of the lucky few who look really good, if not better with a shaved head.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish you luck, be sure to keep us updated on how it goes!

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates bro? Been over 2 months and curious how things've gone for you!

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply minoxidil on your face, it helps with facial hair growth search it on google people have had amazing results with it.