23m. Sudden Hair Loss. Advice Appreciated

GleyberDay

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and have always had very thick hair. 3 months ago I suddenly started shedding much more than normal in the shower and soon began to see my scalp become more visible along my part line going back to the top and crown area. However, I haven't noticed any significant change in my hairline. I've been on nizoral for 6 weeks and finasteride and minoxidil for a month.

My dad is in his 60's and been balding since his mid 30's, but I had always thought I had lucked out and gotten my mom's side for hair. My maternal grandfather had a full head of hair until he died at 95 and my twin brother has equally thick hair as mine before the last few months but he hasn't started losing it.

After I went to my dermatologist I did some blood work and they found I have a severe vitamin D deficiency. I'm now taking supplements for that. I doubt that's the cause, but obviously I want to get my vitamin D levels up to normal.

I would greatly appreciate any insight or recommendations you guys may have. Thanks!

Attachments

• type 1.jpg
    type 1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 395
  • type 4.jpg
    type 4.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 390
  • type 2.jpg
    type 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 387
  • type 3.jpg
    type 3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 383

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you look like your mother or your father? hair color, hair type, face, nose, ears etc.

GleyberDay

My Regimen
Reaction score
More like my father for face and nose, but more like my mom for hair color and type. I've looked at pictures of my dad when he was my age and his hair was never as thick as mine. he wore his long, but it was very thin.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont see any hairloss. Probably you will follow same road with your mom's side.