23 yo Hairloss what to do next

hello321

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 23, I have been loosing my hair for a couple of years. First noticed properly when I was 21 and freaked out, completely had one. After a while and visiting doctors who said they couldn't do anything. I got on propecia about 2 years ago.

I have somewhat maintained my hair, with up and down days. But it has still been progressing in the wrong direction. My temples bother me most as they continue to receed.

Should I start using minoxidil foam? Is it worth it? Will it help the front? (the liquid is too much mess to make a routine out of)

I am looking to maintain and thicken. Thoughts, suggestions & experiences most welcome. Thanks
3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Reaction score
cut it short and use solution for first 6 weeks followed by foam. you will see good results if you are good responder.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you could use the liquid just once daily at night and it wont ruin your hair during the day.

kdonald

Reaction score
Hello! I'm 21 and noticing severe hair loss. I noticed it start in May of 2014. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last two years, and I think that hasn't helped this. I also have ferritin levels of 8!!!! Recently, this level rose to 32. How long will this take to reset itself??? I am still losing a lot of hair (i think due to telogen effluivum??) someone please help! Also, how does telogen effluvium end, quickly, or some days worse than others? Also, what level does ferritin need to be for hair to stop falling out?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I'm 21 and noticing severe hair loss. I noticed it start in May of 2014. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last two years, and I think that hasn't helped this. I also have ferritin levels of 8!!!! Recently, this level rose to 32. How long will this take to reset itself??? I am still losing a lot of hair (i think due to telogen effluivum??) someone please help! Also, how does telogen effluvium end, quickly, or some days worse than others? Also, what level does ferritin need to be for hair to stop falling out?

im 99% sure that your loss is from male pattern baldness, in which your levels and diet have absolutely nothing to do with your hairloss

Brand_X

Reaction score
@ kdonald - Don't quote me, I'm basing this on bits and pieces I read on the interwebs, but as I understand it, it can take 3 months before hair loss occurs, and then another 3 - 6 months before it begins to grow back.