23 yo hair transplant with Dr. Rahal (Strip 4321 grafts - with pics) | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums

23 yo hair transplant with Dr. Rahal (Strip 4321 grafts - with pics)

Discussion in 'Hair Transplant FUT Before and After Photos' started by flat_pro, Apr 25, 2010.

1. KO1

KO1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey how did this turn out for you 2 yrs later?

2. flat_pro

flat_pro Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think that people settle into their new hair and become accustomed to it such that they don't feel the need to get others opinions anymore. As opposed to when you first have it done and your in the look at me and tell me it's grown phase.

I will try and post some pictures soon to update people. I'm currently happy with the results, prob 8.5 / 10. Above what I hoped for really.

3. flat_pro

flat_pro Member

Dislikes Received:

Just thinking back to when it first started to look 'normal' again I do remember, on several occasions, walking past mirrors and thinking is that really me. As my hair transplant was on the front, it changed my appearance quite a lot, you can still tell it's me, but it is quite a difference.

Your comment (and reent stuff in the news about face transplants) just made me think that others must go through the same thing and maybe they just feel confident again and want to move on.

Note: I'm not comparing a hair transplant to a face transplant on the same grounds, but it did alter my perception of myself and I mentally remember adjusting my image of myself. In a good way. I also remember one of Rahals staff saying I would not recognise myself in 6 months with 4k grafts on the front, and he was spot on. I would still recommend him, and I'm not an agent, or paid, or receive a discount etc.. it's just my opinion as one of his former paying customers.

4. Shma

Shma Established Member

Dislikes Received:

Just thinking back to when it first started to look 'normal' again I do remember, on several occasions, walking past mirrors and thinking is that really me. As my hair transplant was on the front, it changed my appearance quite a lot, you can still tell it's me, but it is quite a difference.

Your comment (and reent stuff in the news about face transplants) just made me think that others must go through the same thing and maybe they just feel confident again and want to move on.

Note: I'm not comparing a hair transplant to a face transplant on the same grounds, but it did alter my perception of myself and I mentally remember adjusting my image of myself. In a good way. I also remember one of Rahals staff saying I would not recognise myself in 6 months with 4k grafts on the front, and he was spot on. I would still recommend him, and I'm not an agent, or paid, or receive a discount etc.. it's just my opinion as one of his former paying customers.[/quote:3kfk0sgo]
    hey flat, please post some pics man! :)

5. ericando12

ericando12 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello
    Do have a solutions with it.

6. flat_pro

flat_pro Member

Dislikes Received:
    Taken today, no gell, just pushed back with my hand.

[attachment=1:1pg9edxi]IMG_0768_2.jpg[/attachment:1pg9edxi]

and before

Attached Files:

ICUman likes this.
  7. andrei_eremenko

andrei_eremenko Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    it looks good...and congrats to you if you're happy with it...I wish we could see a picture in bright light.

8. Free

Free Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    tremendous result.... congratulations!!!

9. Mr. 4000

Mr. 4000 Guest

although some of your point are valid

strip is a very destructive procedure that has many more drawbacks than just looking at how the scar heals

the scalp is stretched, the head swells and the edema fluid can persist for years after Telogen Effluvium surgery, it puts additional stress on the skin in the forehead and face which could cause sagging and wrinkles. The injections are toxic and cause breakouts of the skin, Circulation could be restricted with poor methods and skill.

I would never recommend strip, ever, or a hair transplant ever, unless you go to a highly skilled FUE doctor.

I would never recommend a person below 30 years of age to even think about it.

It is a bogus solution to a problem much bigger than the industry can handle, but they love the desperate people and their money.

10. flat_pro

flat_pro Member

Dislikes Received:
    Mr. 4000, I read through your posts on your own thread, I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience during your hair transplant. However, this is a results thread, it is not for debating the merits of hair transplants. Unless you have a direct question for me please keep your opinion to your own thread.

In general I had a very good experience with my hair transplant, and experienced non of the problems you mentioned. I fully agree that you get good and bad results and this is mainly down to the suregon.

Thanks,

11. andrei_eremenko

andrei_eremenko Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    flat_pro could you post a picture please if you like in natural light ? also I remeber that you were thinning in the crown area too. has that are become thinner? are you planning something for it? maybe fue?thanks!