23 yo hair transplant with Dr. Rahal (Strip 4321 grafts - with pics)

flat_pro

Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
KO1

This is what concerns me about getting a small FUE transplant. There are a lot of threads on hairloss forums. Where the author has had a hair transplant and does'nt post again after the first 4months.
I hope its because they are loving their new hair and are simply too busy to update their results. But there is a loud alarm bell sounding in the back of my mind.

I think that people settle into their new hair and become accustomed to it such that they don't feel the need to get others opinions anymore. As opposed to when you first have it done and your in the look at me and tell me it's grown phase.

I will try and post some pictures soon to update people. I'm currently happy with the results, prob 8.5 / 10. Above what I hoped for really.

flat_pro

Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
Flat_pro

I'll eat my words.

Glad that you have had some good results that you are pleased with and above expectations is all the better. :bravo:

Just thinking back to when it first started to look 'normal' again I do remember, on several occasions, walking past mirrors and thinking is that really me. As my hair transplant was on the front, it changed my appearance quite a lot, you can still tell it's me, but it is quite a difference.

Your comment (and reent stuff in the news about face transplants) just made me think that others must go through the same thing and maybe they just feel confident again and want to move on.

Note: I'm not comparing a hair transplant to a face transplant on the same grounds, but it did alter my perception of myself and I mentally remember adjusting my image of myself. In a good way. I also remember one of Rahals staff saying I would not recognise myself in 6 months with 4k grafts on the front, and he was spot on. I would still recommend him, and I'm not an agent, or paid, or receive a discount etc.. it's just my opinion as one of his former paying customers.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
flat_pro said:
[quote="Captain Combover":3kfk0sgo]Flat_pro

I'll eat my words.

Glad that you have had some good results that you are pleased with and above expectations is all the better. :bravo:

Just thinking back to when it first started to look 'normal' again I do remember, on several occasions, walking past mirrors and thinking is that really me. As my hair transplant was on the front, it changed my appearance quite a lot, you can still tell it's me, but it is quite a difference.

Your comment (and reent stuff in the news about face transplants) just made me think that others must go through the same thing and maybe they just feel confident again and want to move on.

Note: I'm not comparing a hair transplant to a face transplant on the same grounds, but it did alter my perception of myself and I mentally remember adjusting my image of myself. In a good way. I also remember one of Rahals staff saying I would not recognise myself in 6 months with 4k grafts on the front, and he was spot on. I would still recommend him, and I'm not an agent, or paid, or receive a discount etc.. it's just my opinion as one of his former paying customers.[/quote:3kfk0sgo]
hey flat, please post some pics man! :)

flat_pro

Reaction score
Taken today, no gell, just pushed back with my hand.

[attachment=1:1pg9edxi]IMG_0768_2.jpg[/attachment:1pg9edxi]

and before

Attachments

• IMG_0768_2.jpg
    IMG_0768_2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,819
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,503

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it looks good...and congrats to you if you're happy with it...I wish we could see a picture in bright light.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
tremendous result.... congratulations!!!

M

Mr. 4000

flat_pro said:
barcafan said:
why do people get strips? jesus christ i wouldnt let anyone mar my head like that

The scar is almost invisible now after just one month. The hair will grow through the scar, so you will not be able to see it at all etc...

With strip you can get far more grafts in one session, this is it's main advantage. Also, as you remove an entire section of your scalp you don't have a thinning effect.

Saying that as I need another hair transplant on my crown area I would consider FUE as I would only need about 2000 grafts. But we shall see.

The most important aspect of undertaking strip is to choose a very good surgeon, otherwise you end up with a scar and discomfort. The scar is not something I'm concerned by now at all.
although some of your point are valid

strip is a very destructive procedure that has many more drawbacks than just looking at how the scar heals

the scalp is stretched, the head swells and the edema fluid can persist for years after Telogen Effluvium surgery, it puts additional stress on the skin in the forehead and face which could cause sagging and wrinkles. The injections are toxic and cause breakouts of the skin, Circulation could be restricted with poor methods and skill.

I would never recommend strip, ever, or a hair transplant ever, unless you go to a highly skilled FUE doctor.

I would never recommend a person below 30 years of age to even think about it.

It is a bogus solution to a problem much bigger than the industry can handle, but they love the desperate people and their money.

flat_pro

Reaction score
Mr. 4000 said:
It is a bogus solution to a problem much bigger than the industry can handle, but they love the desperate people and their money.

Mr. 4000, I read through your posts on your own thread, I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience during your hair transplant. However, this is a results thread, it is not for debating the merits of hair transplants. Unless you have a direct question for me please keep your opinion to your own thread.

In general I had a very good experience with my hair transplant, and experienced non of the problems you mentioned. I fully agree that you get good and bad results and this is mainly down to the suregon.

Thanks,

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
flat_pro could you post a picture please if you like in natural light ? also I remeber that you were thinning in the crown area too. has that are become thinner? are you planning something for it? maybe fue?thanks!