23 years old, hope it gets better!!!

fishwins

Reaction score
A little under a month ago I started a regiment of 1/4 proscar, nizoral 1%, and minoxidil 5% although I sometimes only do minoxidil once a day. I started this regiment because i was getting comments on my hair loss from girlfriends/friends. Especially people ive known for quite some time. My hair was very thick as a kid therefore i thought this would never happen to me. (denial) Im guessing my hair loss started around age 20 or 21 and has progressively gotten worse and more noticeable since. My vertex loss is whats bothering me the most. Its not just in one spot its all over and am thinking about shaving my head although worried about what i would look like. I have also noticed that my hair is becomming lighter and less colorfull, almost appearing grey. This is also a big concern becuase the lighter your hair is the more noticable baldness is. As far as my regiment sucess, i dont feel i have had any because since being on it, ive noticed an increase in shed. Everytime i run my hands through the top of my head i have around 8 hairs on my hands, sometimes more sometimes less. My question is should i stick the regiment out a while longer or just give up and accept the fact that im gonna be bald. I am currently a norwood 3 and not happy about it!
Thanks for any advice yall give in advance.
pics will be posted as soon as i get a digital camera.

Iml0singhair

Reaction score
Never give up, im on the same boat as you hair loss started right after my senior year of highschool. I would say stick to minoxidil 2 times a day and finasteride 1.25mg a day plus some nizoral. People respond differently so its a matter of time but your doing your hair good. Just stick to it for atleast a year, a month is to early to make any assumptions.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
You seem to be taking all the correct meds. Give it some time.
Stick with them meds and get a digicam pronto.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
I would definately stick with it for at least 12-15 months. Do it properly, do the minoxidil twice, at least in the first 6-8 months.
You can then retreat to doing it once daily sometimes but do it twice now.

I believe a lot of people give up just a bit too early, and that is really a pity. one month is NOTHING. You will most likely experience shedding and what appears to be a worsening of your situation the coming 2 months but ride it out.