23 years of age having hairloss

seedgator

Reaction score
Hey all,

i am 23 years old and probably have male pattern baldness since i am having severe hairloss and i usually see around 50-60 hairs daily after shower.
i also have noticed that am thinning at my crown and have a pretty bad receding hairline, My dad is also almost bald so i suspect that i have this male pattern baldness thing too. :(

can you suggest me what meds/treatment should i get on ?

please do have a look at pics attached/

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC_00281.jpg
    DSC_00281.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 407

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its male pattern baldness. Close to NW3, you should start treatment immediately. Vertex looks bad, sry=(

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Alex isn't very smart. You are not a Norwood 3; you don't even fit on the Norwood scale because you have little to no recession. If you got on Propecia now, you wouldn't have to worry about your hair loss.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
Alex isn't very smart. You are not a Norwood 3; you don't even fit on the Norwood scale because you have little to no recession. If you got on Propecia now, you wouldn't have to worry about your hair loss.
Look once again at second pic, you really think he don't fit the Norwood scale?) Maybe not clear NW3, but heading to 3V in a couple of years. Anyway, Propecia must help in this case.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
When in doubt have it checked out.:doctor: Finasteride is probably the most effective option for achieving potential temple regrowth. Some finasteride. users are beginning at lower doses and working their way up in hopes of minimizing adverse sides. There is some anecdotal support to this approach. Increased shedding is to be expected. Cosmetic improvement(s) can sometimes take a year or + to occur. So you must be patient for it is a lifelong commitment Do your own research as objectively as you can and always put your health and safety first. Thanx for sharing and I wish you all the best.:sun:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If I could rely on the photo quality I would opine that there is clearly temple recession on what would be the left side of his frontal hair line. This is not my area of expertise so I do encourage him or anyone considering treatment for that matter, to first and foremost seek a professional evaluation before introducing any drug whatsoever into their body system. All the best.

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify that this observation is only my perception. His recession is either subtle or possibly a case of a "naturally high hair line"? Don't take my word for it, do yourself a favor and get it checked out.:)

seedgator

Reaction score
hey sorry had been away so couldn't update you guys....

anyway thank you all for your valuable suggestions, i recently got my blood test for dht levels and the result is 582 pg/ml (blood work taken at 12 pm), i am wondering is this normal or is it the cause i am losing hairs ?
i am considering jumping on finpecia since i am looking to maintain whatever hairs i have (especially my hairline and temple)

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are losing hair at the crown. Your hairline still looks great so I don't think you are going to lose your hair rapidly, plus it isn't hugely obvious or bad looking. If you want to get treatment I'd recommend speaking to your doctor about finasteride (propecia is the main brand, some people use proscar or generic finasteride). It's not for everybody, but has a pretty high success rate for halting hair loss. Crown loss is supposed to be easier to treat as well so there's a good chance you will grow some hair back there. Rogaine (or Regaine in the UK) does not halt hair loss, but it does stimulate hair growth. If you do get on finasteride and find that you want to grow more hair, you could add Rogaine and it'll do that for you. Good luck : )

seedgator

Reaction score
i have started taking finpecia since i want to recover my crown and also have to stop balding at temple where there is recession.I will keep this thread updated every month and let you guys know how it's going.
Also i have read that thyroid makes you lose your hair rapidly , can anyone enlighten me about it and how do i check if i have thyroid issue ?

seedgator

Reaction score
Update :
It's been 1 month and 3 days since i have been on finpecia (0.5 mg) and so far i haven't seen any massive shedding but just the normal hairfall count like less than 40 hairs a day and also erection is 90% of what it used to be with watery semen and no other sides , i hope i will recover from these sides soon enough.

i will soon post some pics but yes i must admit my hairs feel little healthier than before.

Regards.

seedgator

Reaction score
3 Months Update :

I have been taking 0.5 mg finpecia every day and my hairline has receded a bit due to shedding on meds and i still shed around 50-60 hairs everyday,my crown has started filling in though there's slight recession on my temples so i think it'll take time for the temples to fill in.Overall the hair quality has definitely improved and there's no itch.
no major sides but sometimes my libido is low like 90% of what it used to be and sometimes it's just better than ever i don't know why there's fluctuation in my libido level , anyone eh ?I'll be adding pics in few days as i get time from my busy schedule.

Thank you.

seedgator

Reaction score
okay as i promised here are the pics , some of them taken out in daylight and some of them inside my room and pardon me for the quality since they were taken from a mobile.
anyway i have seen quite a improvement on my crown.
let me know what you think about it
edit4.jpgedit5.jpgedit1.jpgedit4.jpgedit5.jpg

Attachments

• edit2.jpg
    edit2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 205
  • edit3.jpg
    edit3.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 182
  • edit7.jpg
    edit7.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 192
  • edit8.jpg
    edit8.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 187
  • edit9.jpg
    edit9.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 169

seedgator

Reaction score
this is what my crown looked like before starting finasteride (short hair-cut)

Attachments

• edit10.jpg
    edit10.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 175