23 Year Old Male, Just Started My Battle Vs Hair Loss

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been around here reading your stories, which I found some very inspiring. Now I decided to share my own story with you.

I started seeing some thinning in my hair all over my top about 2-3 years ago, and I thought it would be just seasonal (it happened during summer). So for a year my hair was still thinning and it was during the next summer, I experienced noticable hair falling out.

That's when I decided to pay a visit to a dermatologist, and she said there was not much to worry about and prescribed me some food supplements for about 3-4 months. But I wasn't getting any improvement, so I started searching online for articles about hair loss and possible treatments. The primary two treatments I found to give it a try, which everyone now is aware of, were Minoxidil and Finasteride. But before I took those treatments I had to consult with a doctor first.

So this time I went to a hair clinic, and the doctor told me that my hair loss condition was the most common Men's hair loss pattern. He explained me about minoxidil and finasteride, and eventually insisted to use minoxidil only because of the side effects from finasteride. He told me to use it constantly for a long period of years in order to maintain my current hair. I started immediately using minoxidil twice a day, and for about 4 months I could feel my hair much more stronger, but hair continued to fall. Even my friends and family noticed that my hair looks much better. But I was finding it not very effective with the hair regrowth that I wanted to see, so I decided to stop it and maybe save some money for another more effective treatment.

All I could find was Hair Transplant and PRP treatment. I made some researches about them, and got to a conclusion that PRP was not worth it with about the same price as hair transplant, but less effective. And during this time, I experienced my most massive hair shedding. Still, I told my self I had the power to start a regimen and this time for good! I would take hair transplant only as my last shot.

By July of this year, I started again on minoxidil and cut my hair short for so I could spread minoxidil better on my scalp, and to follow my progress month by month. I also added, nizoral 2% shampoo, biotin supplements in my diet, and changed my diet also. I exercise daily, even before my hair loss started.

The first image is captured on early July, while the second one a few days ago.
I don't see any difference, and I'm not expecting any for the moment, but just a few days ago while I was washing my hair, I noticed I didn't had a clump of hair between my fingers but just some small hair. I thought that maybe my hair had already fallen out for that day or something... So, the next day and forward I had the same amount of hair falling which I find it very surprising in these 2-3 years. Also, my mom told me she hasn't seen a lot of hair in my pillow case.

My current regimen:
Minoxidil 5% twice daily,
Nizoral 2% shampoo,
Biotin Supplements,
Plenty of water and healthy diet, egg mask and onion juice, exercise.
0.5 mm Dermaroller daily.

UPDATE 09/2016

It's my third month on this regime, and I can see definitely noticable improvements (check my last picture). I also saw a lot of new hair on the temples, most of them vellus hair but some of them getting darker and thicker everyday.

I just hope it gets better and better :)

Attachments

• image_by_ghenny-daddrtq.jpg
    image_by_ghenny-daddrtq.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 288
  • image_by_ghenny-daflu1c.jpg
    image_by_ghenny-daflu1c.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 271
  • image_by_ghenny-daifbdn.jpg
    image_by_ghenny-daifbdn.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no difference between the pictures.

I don't understand the choice to rule out finasteride, which is an approved medication.

If you get side effects you stop immediately. However, I do not agree one should not try a drug they need because there might be side effects.

Then again, to each their own.

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no difference between the pictures.

I don't understand the choice to rule out finasteride, which is an approved medication.

If you get side effects you stop immediately. However, I do not agree one should not try a drug they need because there might be side effects.

Then again, to each their own.

No, there's no difference at the pictures. I just said I found it surpising that my hair shedding decreased a lot these days.

And I'm not ruling out definitely finasteride, I just want to start these treatment for a 6 month period and see what can I get.

I see you take 1.5 mg finasteride ed, could you please tell me for how long are you using it and if you experienced any sides?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, there's no difference at the pictures. I just said I found it surpising that my hair shedding decreased a lot these days.

And I'm not ruling out definitely finasteride, I just want to start these treatment for a 6 month period and see what can I get.

I see you take 1.5 mg finasteride ed, could you please tell me for how long are you using it and if you experienced any sides?

I have used it for a lot of years. For a period there was less libido. Then libido returned in full.

Then, after hair transplant, I thought I did not need it anymore. Wrong.

Now I have been using it again for some months and have not experienced any side effects. It is also true that side effects can appear after some time. If I were you I would consider it because it is not very common that minoxidil alone stops hairloss forever, whereas with min + finasteride combined it is more likely.

Last edited:

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it for a lot of years. For a period there was less libido. Then, after hair transplant, I thought I did not need it anymore. Wrong.

Now I have been using it again for some months and have not experienced any side effects. It is also true that side effects can appear after some time. If I were you I would consider it because it is not very common that minoxidil alone stops hairloss forever, whereas with min + finasteride combined it is more likely.

I was thinking maybe adding 0,5 mg finasteride ed, but the only Finasteride available I could get was 5mg. Yesterday I read about spironolactone topical S5 cream, and I read it had no sides effects or very minor one. Don't know if you have any information about it, but if it is as effective as it says I could give that a try.