23..too young for a transplant?

Mkilbs

Reaction score
Hello,
Just joined the forum as I have always been fond of forums and information!
Basically, I am only 23 but very self concious about my hair I have been debating the idea of a hair transplant but I am curious as to what other people think, is there a different method that maybe you recommend before going down the transplant line. My hair only seems to be receding at the front, the back etc is fine so I would just want to basically get myself a hair line back. Not easy having this hair and standing in the pub with everyone your age having perfect hair lines!

Any advice is much appreciated

Please see photos.

m8iqo4.jpg

idzju8.jpg

9ptn5y.jpg

megatron1234

Reaction score
You seriously don't need a transplant.. You have alot of hair,if you are positive that you are thinning and that there is male pattern baldness in your family.. The best for your case would be to get on 1mg finasteride daily.

tox

Reaction score
You seriously don't need a transplant.. You have alot of hair,if you are positive that you are thinning and that there is male pattern baldness in your family.. The best for your case would be to get on 1mg finasteride daily.

He definitely has male pattern baldness.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If thats your hairline at 23, you need to get on treatment for maintenance before you can think about a hair transplant.

all

Reaction score
If thats your hairline at 23, you need to get on treatment for maintenance before you can think about a hair transplant.
How long would you advise someone to maintain before they get an hair transplant?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long would you advise someone to maintain before they get an hair transplant?

Some hair transplant docs would say 3 years, others 1 year,. I'd say one year minimum.

That's an NW3 hairline, but you're a pretty hairy dude so you must have high DHT. finasteride will probably work well for you.

Mkilbs

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks, I will take a look at finasteride and get it on the go.

Could anyone recommend how to get hold of it in the UK, or is the only way to get a prescription for it?

Thanks