23-hair loss - hypothyroidism...etc,.. NEW!

Knj240

Reaction score
Hi all -
Im located in the state of ky, I have a little 4yr old son and I'm 23yrs old.
I have been having hair loss for 2yrs, I recently got health insurance, I previously did not have it and had many tests run for multiple problems. Everything looked good besides my thyroid was low. I was put on the generic brand of synthroid and told well you should see an improvement in your hair loss with in a years time. I've only been on this pill for 2months now.
My hair loss is to the point I can't ever wear my hair down, it'd always up as I can't hide it anymore. I try to dress up for work but most days it seems useless anymore and I am a part of the face of my local community college, I work in one of the main offices! It's depressing.
Anyhow, I have an optomistic look on life or I at least try to and I'm trying to find ways to help reverse my hair loss or at least bring my shedding way down...?
Right now my plan is better diet, fish oil pills, more water, 2 cups of green tea per day and a multivitamin and/or hair skin nail vit ?
I have tried olive oil, raw egg, apple cider vinegar and natural aloe on my hair and scalp but I have not used these consistently enough to tell you if they have helped. I've read about hot oil treatments and evening primrose oil/pills till my head is spinning. Please help!
What do you do? What has worked for you guys? What hasn't?
I'm also increasing my exercise as well...

I'd appreciate the help, now off to get some rest for work in the am. I look forward to getting to know you all.