23 And Balding. $hit Sucks.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been a member here for a little bit but only been on a regimen for 2 months so haven't seen much results.
Figured I'd start a topic so I can chart my regimen's progress and get any feedback along the way.
Currently on finasteride, minoxidil, keto shampoo (Revita, not Nizoral), and thinking about starting folligen.
Will try to update every month or so, really hoping I can get my hair back to its former glory...
overall hairline.jpgup close.jpgMyself.jpg

Reaction score
Not all is lost. Still looks good. Looks like a Norwood 2. The front is always the hardest to get back so be patient and through consistency you should see good results in a 4 more months.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I definitely caught it early, but I used to have the lowest and thickest hairline of anyone I know so I've really lost a lot in comparison to what I had just a few years ago.
Fingers crossed but I'm hoping I'll see some good results soon.

Reaction score
I definitely caught it early, but I used to have the lowest and thickest hairline of anyone I know so I've really lost a lot in comparison to what I had just a few years ago.
Fingers crossed but I'm hoping I'll see some good results soon.

I feel your pain man. Im 31 years old and up until the age of 29, I had an excellent hairline. I was like a Norwood -1. My hair used to be so thick and full and now Im like a Norwood 1. Also, 2 days ago I found out that I have Alopecia Areata. I really need to change my life. Starting today, I will change my diet. Im only going to eat clean, jog 5 miles a day, and use alot of natural ointments for my hair. Ive read some ppl with Alopecia Areata was able to regrow their hair back from a clean lifestyle. I mean before yesterday, I my diet consisted of, 2 pepsi a day, 711 hot dogs and nachos, taco bell beef burrito supreme, and 4 cups of coffee. I was able to get away with this unhealthy lifestyle when I was young but now that Im 31 its catching up to me. I know my hair follicles are not dead because I can still see some tiny hairs when looking at my temple and hairline with a magnifying glass. Good luck man, if I dont see results within 1 year then Im going to try minoxidil.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if you see results from the minoxidil since your hairline is already so low. But, if you got a prescription to the finasteride, I supposed your doctor thinks you have some hairloss. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Good that you caught it early. Your hairline is a little like mine when I started on finasteride & minoxidil, except my corners were a little further back and also my forelock wasn't as thinned out as yours (I'm 33 now). That said you still have an awful lot of hair, and it takes time for your regimen to start bringing results. It took me 4 months to start seeing any progress and that is considered a very short time. Keep at it, document your progress with pics. Best of luck!

hiko

Reaction score
Similar to my situation. Started dutasteride about 8 months ago. Definitely noticed frontal hairs thickening back to normal (the front cm of hair had become thin and wispy), but my temples haven't filled in and my hairline is still about a cm higher than my original hairline. Hoping for the best.