22yo. How Bad Is This Temple Thinning?

Jtay151

Reaction score
6 months ago my hairline wasn't like this at all. Usually keep my hair buzzed but I'm growing it out a little for my dermatologist appointment next week and now it's really obvious my hair is thinning at the temples.

How bad/ far along is the thinning?
Is there a good chance taking Finasteride will stop it from thinning more?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 404

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
with finasteride you stand a very good chance to regain that hair, a very good chance I must say.

Jtay151

Reaction score
with finasteride you stand a very good chance to regain that hair, a very good chance I must say.

I appreciate the reply. Would you say this is early hairloss still? im probably gonna start .5 mg finasteride next week after my derm appointment. I have a very active sex life though and I'm deathly afraid of f*****g up my body. Then again I'm just as afraid of my hair thinning. So it's a lose lose lol

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with finasteride, I took 1.25g a month, struggled with boners. Stopped taking and have returned to normal. Start with low dosage I'd recommend.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply. Would you say this is early hairloss still? im probably gonna start .5 mg finasteride next week after my derm appointment. I have a very active sex life though and I'm deathly afraid of f*****g up my body. Then again I'm just as afraid of my hair thinning. So it's a lose lose lol
yes, without a doubt, looks like you have little to almost no temple recession and are a diffuse thinner. Finasteride works best for diffuse thinners. You still have a sh*t load of hair. One thing not often spoken about is the peace of mind (assuming you don't get sides). Knowing you are doing basically all there is you can do to prevent hairloss will basically rid your mind of any fretting over what potential action you could take, at least it did for me.

Jtay151

Reaction score
Be careful with finasteride, I took 1.25g a month, struggled with boners. Stopped taking and have returned to normal. Start with low dosage I'd recommend.

I plan on only doing .5mg. I've heard there isn't much a different compared to anything over 1mg and .5 is basically just as effective. Dunno how true that it

Jtay151

Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that though. That sounds so scary since finasteride is probably the only hope. Glad you returned back to normal though

Jtay151

Reaction score
yes, without a doubt, looks like you have little to almost no temple recession and are a diffuse thinner. Finasteride works best for diffuse thinners. You still have a sh*t load of hair. One thing not often spoken about is the peace of mind (assuming you don't get sides). Knowing you are doing basically all there is you can do to prevent hairloss will basically rid your mind of any fretting over what potential action you could take, at least it did for me.

You've been real helpful I appreciate that. I'll see what my derm thinks about me taking .5mg and hopefully I can stop this beast. What's your opinion on a lower dose compared to a high? I also heard brain fog could be a side which is bad cause my career is based on pure creativity. I'm probably just overthinking

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have retrograde alopecia as well

your sides are thin

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

shookwun

Reaction score
Doesn't do anything for retro.

I have had retro since I was a teenager. Hair seems to struggle to grow on both my sides around the ears, and nape. Even when it grows out, it tends to take on a kinky form, weak and brittle... doesn't have normal hair characteristics. Takes a long time to grow.

Finasteride won't do anything for retro follicles.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You've been real helpful I appreciate that. I'll see what my derm thinks about me taking .5mg and hopefully I can stop this beast. What's your opinion on a lower dose compared to a high? I also heard brain fog could be a side which is bad cause my career is based on pure creativity. I'm probably just overthinking
hey mate, I havnt taken anything other than 1.25mg so I can't comment on the difference between the two doses. I know what you mean about the brainfog, I am in a technical degree and was worried about it but the year I first started taking it I got better grades than ever so I don't think brain fog was ever an issue for me, even at 1.25mg a day.

Rick Liew

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, im planning to buy supplement to regrow my hair.. the supplement made from natural nutrient.. i saw the testimonial and show good result.. i think this is a good option. What is your view?