22goingon50's story

22goingon50

Reaction score
Well after being a spectator of this site for about a year, I finally decided to register. I just got a haircut, and it does not look good. Anyways, I'm 22 years old and have been balding since probably around 17. I've always had a high hairline, so it's really hard to say when it started. For a long time I just watched my hairline and did nothing. My problem is that my hairline is receding pretty fast up front. Everywhere else is pretty thick.

About two years ago I thought, hey I'll just see what happens and then I'll get a hair transplant someday down the road. After I researched that, NOOO WAY! It just wasn't something I'd do, at least not at this point. My hairline didn't get to me that much. So about a year ago I started reading this site, and tried to figure out what the best treatments are. About a month ago this is what I started:

Regime
1% nizoral been on it for 40 days
1.25 mg finasteride for 38 days
5% Rogain for 28 days

The first week or two was good; my hair seemed thicker. But now, my hair has not only begun to recede faster, but the hairs where I apply the rogaine have become very thin and limp. I still haven’t seen any new hair regrowth, but I know it’s still early. I’ve had no sides from any of the meds. But, is it normal to experience thinning before things get better? I know about the shed, which is definitely happening, but the thinning has me worried. Life’s still good; I go out all the time and get girls. But, let me know what you guys think about my regime and just all around approach. Give me some encouragement! Lie to me if you have to!

I don’t have any pics, but I’ll look for a camera and take some soon

jwilson02

Reaction score
hey man, ive been on rogaine about 20 days now, finasteride for about 38, nizoral for about a week..like you im receding very quickly lately...im hoping to go it is a shed...at least im taking comfort that most everyone loses alot of hair on treatmetn....i think clinical trials didnt document sheds very well as it seems eveyone goes through them

Rintintin

Reaction score
you gotta remember that hair is just hair, it's nice to have but not everything in life. People who matter will notice other traits you ahve and not how your hair is. saying that, good luck. Dont be discouraged initially and stick with it.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine will do that to your hair, dont worry. You might start seeing results soon though, I did at about the 5th week.

If you are not using it yet, get the Foam rogain not the liquid.

22goingon50

Reaction score
Yah, I'm already on the foam. Been shedding for about 2 weeks now, still have thick hair. Just not around the hairline and the temples, which is where I apply it. I was thinking about adding MSM, but wasn't really sure. I've read about a few cases where it helped the process speed up, but I really don't want to grow more hair all over my body. What do you guys think? Does MSM help, and is it worth adding?

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
22Goingon50,
I've been on MSM now since February and Im also taking propecia. I use to get a haircut once every two months I get one every month now. The msm has defintely sped up my hair growth and it even helps with the terminal hairs. Best of luck!

-Pologuy