22 years old, balding since 15

salman92

Reaction score
IMG_1437.jpgIMG_1439.jpgHey guys,

I'm about to start my journey right now. I've already used Nizoral 1% for a week and theres been a slight increase in hair fall. I'm sure the hair loss is temporary. Starting tomorrow I'll get my 5% minoxidil and I'll be adding that into my regimen. I'll keep you guys posted on the results every week or so. I would also like to add propecia but I don't have enough money for that yet. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 586
Reaction score
Yeah totally understand about the money situation with propecia. But honestly propecia does tremendous amount of work. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist and see if he can prescribe 5 mg of propecia and cut it into 5ths or go through online pharmacy. Wish you the best luck with your hairloss battle!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
get a script for proscar or buy it from an online pharmacy without one. Buy a pill cutter split it into fourths, take a fourth daily. Will cost literally a few cents a day. Try inhousepharmacy.vu it is probably the most reputable where you don't need a script, you have to pay by echeck though which isn't difficult

salman92

Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz, the online pharmacy ran out of the cheap options so I think I'll try to get a script for proscar

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
there are other good online pharmacies, but getting a script is fine. It might take a while though...

It took me 3 months on wait list to get my appointment for a derm, and he didn't give me script but seemed open to it and I waited 4 more months for next appointment with him and he still didn't give it to me. I wasted 7 months

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Salman, I'm also 22 and started loosing mine at 14. my hair loss was exactly like yours (maybe a little worse) before Lichen Planus took toll on the scalp.
Please keep us updated with your progress. I wish that you get good results from meds.

salman92

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear about that sheraz, I hope you can reverse the hair loss caused by it.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
It costs me $40 for 10 proscar pills, the 5mg finasteride pills. Not cheap, but not wallet-breaking (especially if that's the only medication you're taking, and for me it's not). In the meantime, if you want to, use minoxidil on your hairline as well as your bald spot because it will probably help regrow some hair (it definitely did for me). But, if you think you'll get finasteride soon, then don't bother because you'll have to keep using it, and, as long as you're on finasteride, you'll have the option to start the minoxidil whenever you want if the finasteride isn't doing enough on your hairline.

there are other good online pharmacies, but getting a script is fine. It might take a while though...

It took me 3 months on wait list to get my appointment for a derm, and he didn't give me script but seemed open to it and I waited 4 more months for next appointment with him and he still didn't give it to me. I wasted 7 months

I had an appointment with the derm in mid 2013, decided not to take finasteride, and then went back less than a month ago and got the prescription :\ I did minoxidil and maintained, but I didn't want to risk the minoxidil losing effectiveness. And I wanted to actually halt the balding versus just mask it with the minoxidil.

salman92

Reaction score
Just used Minoxidil for the first time, it is kind of greasy but I don't really mind since I just take a shower a couple of hours afterwards, way too early to tell if anything is happening, but I think I'm shedding a little more than usual because of the nizoral, although it is slowing down. I'll keep you guys posted.

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
It takes a little while to get used to minoxidil and get the hang of putting it on. I've used it for a year and still can't keep it from trickling down my head sometimes, but I'm used to it XD

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea its much more important that you get on finasteride man. like others have said proscar cut into fourths or fifths is a great cheap option. i got an 8 month supply for $4 at a pharmacy in Virginia, USA!

finasteride attacks the root cause of male pattern baldness, which is the androgens that are choking off your DHT-sensitive hair follicles. rogaine is okay but it's only a temporary growth stimulator.

a rough analogy could involve a man who has overdosed on heroin. finasteride would be the man quitting heroin, while rogaine would be administering epinephrine (adrenaline) to revive him.

just like with baldness though, by the time the man has overdosed its a bit too late to quit the drugs. once a man has gone fully bald he can't get on propecia and expect decent results

luckily, you are not that far gone. i can practically guarantee you will grow nearly all your hair back after one year on 1 mg finasteride a day.

salman92

Reaction score
Im going to go on finasteride as soon as the fincar is back in stock in the inhousepharmacy it costs 31 dollars for a 150 days worth supply so its a pretty good deal

- - - Updated - - -

So its been about 2 weeks since I started using nizoral and 1 week on rogaine. There was some initial shedding especially with the nizoral. But now I'm starting to get hairs growing diffusely and they might be lengthening too.IMG_1476.jpgIMG_1484.jpgcompared to week 1 the vertex may have filled up a bit and I don't really notice much of a difference in the front. I'll give the next photo update in a month or so.

salman92

Reaction score
I thought I knew what shedding was but this is crazy, I think Im losing over a hundred hairs a day, and thats all the hairs I'm counting. Hopefully its a good sign. Fincar will be coming in about two days too, so things are gonna heat up.

salman92

Reaction score
Today is the first day I used fincar. I took 1.25 mg and hopefully this will be the start of a successful hair regrowth regimen

salman92

Reaction score
Just shaved my head today, it really helps since I don't have to worry about the shedding. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Plus it's only been a month on minoxidil and a week on propecia so it will probably get better from here. Theres been steady growth on the hairline and the vertex. My hair also feels nicer. Next picture update in a month.IMG_1604.jpgIMG_1607.jpg

Reaction score
yeah just keep your head shave and just stick with the medication. That's what i'm doing right now and it's easyier to apply the minoxidil with a shaved head too. good luck!

salman92

Reaction score
Heres my monthly update. So far its been about 2 months and a week on minoxidil, and maybe a month and a half on finasteride. I've faithfully been taking both and I still use nizoral every other day. For some reason I feel like the medication is working better on my hairline than on my crown. Actually I feel like my crown has thinned even more but it still looks like small hairs are growing so it should be fine. There have been some vellus hairs in the front that have turned darker and I feel like it will get a lot better in a couple of months. All in all I would say that so far its not bad and I may notice subtle overall improvement. I also notice I'm thinning a bit less on the sides of my head. I'll post the next photo update in a month.
IMG_2046.jpgIMG_2056.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good luck Salman. Your pics and results are both appreciated.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
You are very early into treatment and improvement takes time. I am really looking forward to your results. Good luck, and keep us posted!