22 year old with androgenetic alopecia and PCOS

marymac

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 22 years old and was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia and pcos when I was 15. Throughout the years, it’s gotten progressively worse and I’m extremely depressed. Doctors told me my hair will never grow back. I don’t feel comfortable without hair fibers in my hair. I’m not sure what to do. I feel hopeless.
631E5801-8FCD-4F48-A82C-8EE72BA5D606.jpeg
9934BBB4-4BAA-4D9B-ABAB-3FBE04FDAF99.jpeg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That can be a horrible situation. If you are considering treatment and have already seen a doctor, I can throw out some suggestions. We have a friend on here named ticken who is XX and she would probably help you as well if you private message her. I am so sorry this has happened to you and I hope we can find a path forward.
Janey

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, you should start on a good regimen: minoxidil, an anti-androgen, laser therapy, microneedling... What doctors are telling you is not correct - you can regrow some hair and improve your hair quality.
What do the doctors recommend you do? Are you on any treatments now?

Arlena

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 22 years old and was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia and pcos when I was 15. Throughout the years, it’s gotten progressively worse and I’m extremely depressed. Doctors told me my hair will never grow back. I don’t feel comfortable without hair fibers in my hair. I’m not sure what to do. I feel hopeless. View attachment 161709View attachment 161710
Check the rubber washers in your shower head!! My shower head had these black small washers that were degraded and giving off this black ink that was going in the water and all over me when I showered. Since I replaced my shower head and got rid of those washers my hair is growing back again. I would have never known if my shower head didn't break. I thought it was aging or hormones because I am 51 but it wasn't. Hope this helps!

Diannet

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm older, but also with PCOS and androgenic alopecia. Do you find that your scalp itches? Mine does, and I noticed it goes with the hair loss. So I suspected DHT (diydro testosterone) and started using Saw Palmetto to reduce the formation of that damaging hormone DHT. Result: scalp stopped itching and a lot less hair fell out. I think it is thickening up a bit too, but not as much as I'd like. So I'm about to add in Klotho, an anti-ageing protein/enzyme that has a positive impact on hair growth. I'm getting mine here: https://www.buckylabs.com/klotho-2/
Keep us posted on how you go...