22 year old male

mcmc

Reaction score
Personally I think you should jump on the finasteride/Min bandwagon, and do it before you permanently lose your hair.

It's just a matter of time.

You know this is true, from your own comparison pictures. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to grow it back.
Now the odds are in your favor. A year/couple of years, that won't be the case. The only option for your hairline in a few years,
without meds, will be a transplant (if you feel that it's necessary. It's your hair, your choice after all).

I agree and you make a solid point. What are you thoughts on jumping on finasteride without the minxoxidil? Looking to avoid the shedding. Also, a bit worried that after x amount of time using minoxidil, that I will lose all progress after stopping and regress. Although seeing progress now and maintaining that progress is a better alternative than losing it all and having no chance of getting it back. My concern is hopping on a regime and making things worse, and also coming to the realization/acknowledging that a regime will be a life long commitment at my age.

2Young4This

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your sides. Will most likely be starting finasteride soon. Were you doing anything else or just finasteride?

Best of luck to you, friend. I've been off find for a couple days and I already feel so much better. I was taking finasteride, Biotin, Rogaine 2x a day, and Pura D'Or Gold Label shampoo. Still doing everything else besides the Rogaine.

CORRECTION: Doing everything else besides the finasteride (still doing Rogaine!)

mcmc

Reaction score
Best of luck to you, friend. I've been off find for a couple days and I already feel so much better. I was taking finasteride, Biotin, Rogaine 2x a day, and Pura D'Or Gold Label shampoo. Still doing everything else besides the Rogaine.

Thanks. Best of luck to you as well.

mcmc

Reaction score
Starting finasteride tomorrow. Will update this thread within the months to follow.

2Young4This

Reaction score
Starting finasteride tomorrow. Will update this thread within the months to follow.

I wish you all the best. I took it for 2.5 months without any side effects at all, but the last half month truly wrecked me. I hope you have fantastic results!

mcmc

Reaction score
Posted in the shedding forum but will update here as well:

Started 1mg of finasteride just a few days ago and went from shedding about 5 hairs per shower beforehand - to now all of a sudden at least 50+ hairs. However I am shedding hairs of all different sizes, both long and short from the front, top, back, and sides. Thought that I may be having some sort of reaction since I'm having an opposite effect from when I started. The coverage of my hair has not been the issue, the issue has been my temples receding and a bit of thinning in some specific areas towards the temples. I know there is such thing as a "finasteride shed" however I am at risk of losing that coverage if this shedding keeps up.(and I am at risk of continuing to recede if I stop taking finasteride). Any estimates or personal experiences on how long these sheds last?

I find it strange that after just a few days on finasteride, my hair is having this type of reaction to it. Is this normal?

Is it worth it to stay on finasteride and potentially lose coverage, or should I stop and figure out a different route. Feels like it is doing more harm than good, at least initially.

Also, have the feeling of "pins and needles" in my legs, mainly in my calves. There is a bit of tingling and they feel like they're "asleep" or a bit numb randomly .

MrRaz

Reaction score
Am I going bald ?

I can't post a new thr as sorry for hijacking yours plz advice

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 228