22 And Wondering If Its Already Too Late For Me? Pics.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm turning 22 in a month.
I'm going to start propesia in 2 weeks from now (because im on a vacation abroad right now).

Wondering if its too late for me and niether propesia or Rogaine will help me..

Should I take only propesia/only rogaine?
Shold I combine both since the beginning?

I feel so depressed right now.. looking at my hair with lighting/flash on it.. god im only 22.. life sucks.

I can't even get a f*****g normal haircut anymore..
Too short looks very bad with my face and still doesnt "hide" the temples..
and too long just looks bad as f*** becasue my temples are basically gone so only the hair in the middle is growing..
Jesus i'm so depreseed.. my 22 year old friends dont even think about this sh*t.

20180424_030217-1.jpg
20180424_030311-1.jpg
20180424_030401-1.jpg

mojojuju224

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all! You've still got plenty of hair to work with. I like to advise folks interested in starting treatment to start with finasteride first, then after a year if you are not happy with the results you can introduce something like minoxidil. The main reason is that finasteride also causes regrowth in a lot of men (in fact, it's superior to minoxidil in terms of increases in hair counts according to studies, though you'll hear a lot of people on here, mistakenly, say it rarely causes growth) and it will most likely stabilize your loss. If you start both at the same time, you wouldn't know if you truly needed both. It's more than okay, though, to start both at the same time, just remember that you will have to continue treatment every day for however long you want to keep your results. Good luck!

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all! You've still got plenty of hair to work with. I like to advise folks interested in starting treatment to start with finasteride first, then after a year if you are not happy with the results you can introduce something like minoxidil. The main reason is that finasteride also causes regrowth in a lot of men (in fact, it's superior to minoxidil in terms of increases in hair counts according to studies, though you'll hear a lot of people on here, mistakenly, say it rarely causes growth) and it will most likely stabilize your loss. If you start both at the same time, you wouldn't know if you truly needed both. It's more than okay, though, to start both at the same time, just remember that you will have to continue treatment every day for however long you want to keep your results. Good luck!
Hey thanks alot for your answer.
The major problem when it comes to propesia is that I am so f*****g scared of the sides.. I mean I read some horrible stories on the net regarding finasteride.. losing my abillity to have kids, losing short-term memory, and of course losing erection and libido..
Do u think it can be a mature hairline + lack of good care of the hair and something that i'll.be able to repair with some good hair products or its a man bald pattern 100%?

mojojuju224

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely don't think that is a mature hairline. That looks like male pattern baldness to me, especially the midscalp area looks like it has lost quite a bit of density and some on your crown. If you're too afraid of finasteride because of stuff you've read online, I would advise against taking it because the chance of getting a nocebo effect based on what your anxieties are pertaining to the drug are pretty high. You can always try minoxidil, but it doesn't address the root cause of hair loss and it will eventually stop working. It's always easier if you have too much anxiety about treatments to just shave your head pretty short and get used to it, especially since you have a lot of hair left, and just move on with your life. I would go see a professional and get an examination if you want to be sure what your options are.