21y Old New Here Rate Me, Is There Any Hope?

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm my opinion, you are indeed balding. It's in its initial stage. You have a mature hairline and there's a virtually invisible thinning around the crown area. Within two years, you'll cross Norwood 3, if you don't get on any treatment now.
Finasteride is the first line treatment for your condition. If you get on it, you'll be able to maintain this status for at least the next 20 years, provided you positively respond to it. Secondly, it's not as bad as you think. The side effects are virtually non-existent from 1mg Finasteride.
I don't think you need Minoxidil for your current condition. But a dermatologist will be able to provide a better opinion.

Reactions: br1

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
take propecia and keep us updated man
if you are lucky you might get good result !

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you're close to Norwood 2. I can't say that for sure though, since the pictures do not clearly show the recession.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but am i need any medical prescriptions for finasteride or i'll just go to drug shop and buy it free?

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm... You have both the options. It's available without prescription at some places. Self-medication is completely fine, if you know what you're doing.
And yes,
Sorry for the stupid question but am i need any medical prescriptions for finasteride or i'll just go to drug shop and buy it free?
You can't buy it for free. You'll need to pay for it.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think what he meant was, does he need a prescription or can he buy propecia freely without a prescription xd
Oh! He should have mentioned that clearly, then. The message sounded like the poster wanted it for free. There are a few people who want that. I remember an incident when I was having a conversation with someone online and the person told me that Accutane is available free of cost in Canada, and maybe also on NHS (UK).
Also, this guy here said that it was a stupid question, so I assumed that he wanted Finasteride for free.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here guys look me at 2012y how bad is recession on my hairline for 6 years?
It looks like a Norwood 1. But interestingly enough, you didn't change much in the past 6 years. You looked too mature for a 15 years old boy. Your recession hasn't been much bad, but I still hold my opinion that you'll reach Norwood 3 in the next two years.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like a Norwood 1. But interestingly enough, you didn't change much in the past 6 years. You looked too mature for a 15 years old boy. Your recession hasn't been much bad, but I still hold my opinion that you'll reach Norwood 3 in the next two years.
Haha dude you make me laugh i look mature cuz low (SHORT) haircut,but i appreciate your opinion rly ;)
btw.. i worked for a while to helping in my friend's barber shop, in this time i have been seen some miracles like clients with norwood 3 stage coming in 2 ,and ppl with serious bald spots getting improvement without any treatment like finasteride but this is very very RARE cases,most ppl getting only worsening no doubt...
however here me at 2010y and 2009y haha :D

Last edited:

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
however here me at 2010y haha :D
Damn, you stated approaching adulthood so early man. Where are you from? You were really more mature at 13 years of age than what I currently am at 19 years of age.
ppl with serious bald spots getting improvement without any treatment like finasteride but this is very very RARE cases
Bald spots appear in Alopecia Areata. There are anecdotal claims that suggest that natural treatments (like onion juice) work for Alopecia Areata. In any case, it's best to treat hair loss medically.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, you stated approaching adulthood so early man. Where are you from? You were really more mature at 13 years of age than what I currently am at 19 years of age.
Bald spots appear in Alopecia Areata. There are anecdotal claims that suggest that natural treatments (like onion juice) work for Alopecia Areata. In any case, it's best to treat hair loss medically.
50/50 bulgarian/greek hahah :D :D i told you cuz short hair here still even in 2018 so many ppl get very short haircuts.. maybe about 50-60% of mens do this haircut.. like pic i upload here nothing special and fast haircutt look like you are in jail haha

Attachments

• Super-Short-Hairstyles-2013-3.jpg
    Super-Short-Hairstyles-2013-3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have good/great hair.

There's slight temple recession compared to the 2012 photos.

Good thing is that you caught it early. I'd recommend starting with propecia at least 0.5mg daily to maintain what you have now.

And don't worry - the average guy/girl who's not concerned with hair loss don't even think you have any hair loss.

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have good/great hair.

There's slight temple recession compared to the 2012 photos.

Good thing is that you caught it early. I'd recommend starting with propecia at least 0.5mg daily to maintain what you have now.

And don't worry - the average guy/girl who's not concerned with hair loss don't even think you have any hair loss.
Thanks man for encouraging words,but im loosing my hair slowly this is the sad truth and i know it.. otherwise i woudnt waste my time to write here for nothing,it's enough for me to know my father sees my hair loss and tell me, And how is even possible me and my dad to have almost same norwood stages he is 30y older than me wtff.. i am cursed? :D

Last edited:

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how is even possible me and my dad to have almost same norwood stages he is 30y older than me wtff.. i am cursed? :D
Genetic susceptibility to Androgenic Alopecia can also be acquired from your maternal genes. Is the genetic father or brother of your mom bald?

d0minat0ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetic susceptibility to Androgenic Alopecia can also be acquired from your maternal genes. Is the genetic father or brother of your mom bald?
yes my mom dad is almost bald norwod 5 i guess but at age 80+ i think this is absolutely normal :cool:

Last edited:

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have great hair, that may be your mature hairline and it might stay that way naturally for 1-2 decades