21y/o Asian Diffuse Thinning Story - Thinking About Propecia Again

Arandomstudent

My Regimen
Reaction score
So to start off my story, I am a regular 21 year old guy who discovered hair loss around a year and a half ago. One day, hair started coming off in the shower and has been occurring since. For the longest time I kept assuring myself that it could be due to stress or telogen effluvium or whatever, but since it has been happening for around 1.5 years i don't think that this is the case anymore.

So during the start of 2018, i started taking propecia (generic korean brand damocare) and lasted for around 2 months. During that time i was studying for exams, so I didn't particularly pay attention to my hair that much. Did not notice any regrowth nor had any adverse side effects while on the drug (but did note testicular pain for the first few days - which went away and also reduced watery semen).

I stopped the first time in the end of march due to all the paranoia, and not wanting to take a drug for life. But I guess my fear of losing my hair was stronger - so I started taking this again 1 month after in april until the end of july. Ok, so why did I stop for the second time - i'm not so sure myself too, i guess i keep doubting the medication and keep assuring myself that my hair was ok and it is due to stress etc. etc. Side effects again were mild - just that erections weren't as hard and semen quality different

So I guess right now is my relapse period again, and I feel like my hair is sh*t, so i'd like to do something about it. Minoxidil is not a good option for me as i have a pretty hectic schedule and just don't have the patience to do this twice a day. Thinking about going on propecia again (this time taking probs for a year) and see if it would help or not. My fear is that the sides would get worse - as I read alot of other stories about it

Currently i have good coverage of the scalp, but hair is really thin and sparse (so basically it covers my head, but it is very flat), especially over the left side where my part is and also slightly over the front - feels very empty when i run my fingers through, and hair gets blown up fairly easily (bc its thin). when i cut it short, its usually better, and not that noticeable, but is still present.

I just want some opinions on the condition of my hair and whether u guys think propecia is the right option for me (mental support or stories would be appreciated to help me go through with it this time) sorry the photos might be a bit random with different lighting cuz it was taken over different periods of time.

Thanks for the help

This is me now
View attachment 104827
View attachment 104828
View attachment 104829
View attachment 104830

This was me 1 year ago
View attachment 104831
View attachment 104832
View attachment 104833
View attachment 104834

Thatdudehere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sup dude im 19 asian as well and i personally been on finasteride 1 mg for 3 months and im diffuse thinning like you and i feel like u should keep up with just propecia if it at least maintains your hair. I’ve been shedding like a mofo and hoping its just the initial shed and ive also added min 2 months into finasteride. Its really not much of a process and i do it once every night. Just take your pills and think nothing of it because youll just regret it later on if your hair gets worse.

Arandomstudent

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sup dude im 19 asian as well and i personally been on finasteride 1 mg for 3 months and im diffuse thinning like you and i feel like u should keep up with just propecia if it at least maintains your hair. I’ve been shedding like a mofo and hoping its just the initial shed and ive also added min 2 months into finasteride. Its really not much of a process and i do it once every night. Just take your pills and think nothing of it because youll just regret it later on if your hair gets worse.

Hows your hair condition now? does it look better or no? and any sides? I had some shedding when i used propecia, but it was similar to what i was losing before, so nth really changed for me - maybe thats the good part.

Its just the psychological part that gets me... sigh cuz im pretty much long term studying for med school, and throughts about things like brain fog worries the sh*t out of me

Thatdudehere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hows your hair condition now? does it look better or no? and any sides? I had some shedding when i used propecia, but it was similar to what i was losing before, so nth really changed for me - maybe thats the good part.

Its just the psychological part that gets me... sigh cuz im pretty much long term studying for med school, and throughts about things like brain fog worries the sh*t out of me
Im below baseline rn but i have vellus hairs showing up on my temples and my scalp is pretty diffused too. I had the exact same sides u had which was slight ball ache and watery semen but it went away in 2 weeks. Brain fog? Most guys have been using it for years with no sides and i feel like its mostly in your head tbh. Also i have something thatll help you out a lot, theres this guy on this forum who wasin almost the same situation as you but worse off, but holy god his hair came back using min and finasteride for 5+ years. Reading his story encourages me a lot. Heres the link bro https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...temple-loss-big-3-962-days-update-pg37.44942/