21M I need advice about possible thinning in temples

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mr. Slap Head Hey could I ask how your experience on oral minoxidil went if you are on it? I am thinking about it but my derm has told me to get doctors approval first and before I go thru that hassle im tryna figure out if I should even go for it.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mr. Slap Head Hey could I ask how your experience on oral minoxidil went if you are on it? I am thinking about it but my derm has told me to get doctors approval first and before I go thru that hassle im tryna figure out if I should even go for it.
Oral minoxidil is a wonderful drug. @losingbattle88 also has a lot of experience with it. I personally don't have any kind of cardiac issues. I would say that you might experience some differentiation in your heartbeat at times if the dose is high enough. However, in my experience I have adapted to higher doses over time to where I don't notice any difference in blood pressure or heart rate. I am on 10mg. But I initially started at 5mg and have also been on doses as high as 20mg. On 20mg I get too much water retention. On 10mg I get some but it is manageable. At 5mg the sides are almost non existent for me. So I would say to start with 5mg if you don't have any pre-existing heart/blood issues. Also, it makes hair thicker just about everywhere. But personally I like the thicker eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard thickening. Increased body hair does not bother me. If it bothers you, just trim and groom it. It's worth the growth it will provide on the scalp.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a wonderful drug. @losingbattle88 also has a lot of experience with it. I personally don't have any kind of cardiac issues. I would say that you might experience some differentiation in your heartbeat at times if the dose is high enough. However, in my experience I have adapted to higher doses over time to where I don't notice any difference in blood pressure or heart rate. I am on 10mg. But I initially started at 5mg and have also been on doses as high as 20mg. On 20mg I get too much water retention. On 10mg I get some but it is manageable. At 5mg the sides are almost non existent for me. So I would say to start with 5mg if you don't have any pre-existing heart/blood issues. Also, it makes hair thicker just about everywhere. But personally I like the thicker eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard thickening. Increased body hair does not bother me. If it bothers you, just trim and groom it. It's worth the growth it will provide on the scalp.
Im gonna quit oral minoxidill for a week or so Because I have blood in my stool atm dunno why....... minoxidil is a vasodilator so it will worsen bleeding.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't believe the b**ch of my GP said it was "normal" just by running her hands through my temples. I'll get on finasteride 1.25mg as soon as possible, do you think I can regrow or maintain (without using minoxidil)?

This is how my temples looks on a buzzcut with a headguard #1, seems there isn’t a lot of density on that area in the first place (this was on 2020)
View attachment 176936
I'm afraid many doctors aren't knowledgeable enough about hair loss, because they don't care that much about it. Dermatologists can also be fairly hit and miss too from what I've read here, because they aren't trichologists. Women in particular usually cannot understand about hair loss because they aren't prone to it, much like how it is hard for us to understand how much they worry about their weight, style or clothing.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was serious,i ve had them internal and external.They were painful.With bright red blood at the stool
I have had em before years ago but never felt pain tbh nor this time either. So Maybe its just a crack cause it happened after I strained quite hard. My blood is bright red too.