21 yrs - need help on considering minoxidil

dimitry

Reaction score
Hi!
Im a 21 years old, and started to think about hairloss around 3 years ago when I was around 18 because of my tempels. I had a crazy shed for about half a year ago and thought more and more about the situation after that. I have now used keto shampoo for a month, and added finasteride to my regime two weeks ago. Only taking around 0.3mg every day, and maybe more in the future. No sides yet!

I just need help on deciding to start on minoxidil!! Every time I planing to order I just dont do it for some reason. Thinking about that it maybe will be smarter to start at a higher age when my hair actually look bad - and get the peak at a time I really need it, or is it better to start as early as possible? Im definitely balding.. Also thinking about seeing if finasteride does anything. But then, when I look in the mirror with lightning over my head, I can see my tempels thinning very much. Its not so good to tell that Im loosing hair when theres normal light and dont pull up my hair like I do here because the hair in the middle still is pretty thick.

hår1.jpghår2.jpghår3.jpg hår4.jpg (last one of my hair at a very good day!)

So.. whats your advice, start early or wait? As you can see, I have a lot of babyhairs where im thinning. Should I just buy the damn minoxidil? Going to take the foam once a day. BTW, how often do you guys use shampoo in your hair, and is JUST showering with water everyday bad? thaaank you :) !!

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
People will tell you to either wait and see what finasteride can do for you after a year OR they will tell you to use every weapon in your arsenal right now. It is the matter of opinion and what YOU want. If you are miserable with your hair right now and you feel like you want a lot of regrowth then use minoxidil as well. BUT finasteride can regrow, even on the temples, although it depends on the individual. My advice would be to stay with finasteride for at least 8 months. If you feel like your hair isn't getting better or at least maintaining after a year on finasteride then you should add minoxidil.

davepeters3345

Established Member
Reaction score
People will tell you to either wait and see what finasteride can do for you after a year OR they will tell you to use every weapon in your arsenal right now. It is the matter of opinion and what YOU want. If you are miserable with your hair right now and you feel like you want a lot of regrowth then use minoxidil as well. BUT finasteride can regrow, even on the temples, although it depends on the individual. My advice would be to stay with finasteride for at least 8 months. If you feel like your hair isn't getting better or at least maintaining after a year on finasteride then you should add minoxidil.

Agreed^