21 Yo Male Hairloss - Possible Treatment ?

hlavomet

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

First of all, English is not my native language, so I want to apologize for possible mistakes. Also, I hope i chose the right section of this forum.

I am 21 years old and approximately 2 years ago my hairline from the sides of my forehead started to decline. I didn't saw it as a problem back then, but things of course went worse.

Now, my forehead hair is getting thinner and narrower every day and I would like to try to save and hopefully also reverse the process if possible.

My granddads have had very good hairs for their whole life. My dad and his brothers are all over 60 years old and got decent hairs for their age.

However, my older brother and my cousins all have receding hairline. My brother (33 yrs) and cousin (26 yrs) have III degree on Norwood scale and my other cousin (45) has IV A so I guess I am on this way too ?

I was taking some vitamins for about 3 months: AD, Zinc and vitamin complex by Naturica (Cremic, B's and Biotin) but didn't saw any change. Then I visited doctor and he advised me to use Methionin Complex and Alpicort and ever since I do so daily (now for about 2 months) but I can 't see any change (too soon to expect something?). Also using Alpecin as shampoo. Guess I need something more.

Browsed internet a bit and talked to some people with similar problem and now I am thinking of getting started with Saw Palmetto tablets.

Also, I was recommended to use Nizoral and Revita shampoos.

The main question for me is however Minoxidil and Finasteride. I would like to ask if there is any other option for me to try first, or should I start to use these ? I am quite worried of the side effects of Finasteride as I am just 21 years olf but if there is no other option, I would probably have no other choice.

I will be very thankful for every advice.

Attachments

• 20170409_131458.jpg
    20170409_131458.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 213
  • 20170409_131548.jpg
    20170409_131548.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 20170409_131650.jpg
    20170409_131650.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 20170409_131947.jpg
    20170409_131947.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 20170409_132020.jpg
    20170409_132020.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 20170409_132027.jpg
    20170409_132027.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 198
  • upl.jpg
    upl.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 207
  • upl2.jpg
    upl2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 215

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

First of all, English is not my native language, so I want to apologize for possible mistakes. Also, I hope i chose the right section of this forum.

I am 21 years old and approximately 2 years ago my hairline from the sides of my forehead started to decline. I didn't saw it as a problem back then, but things of course went worse.

Now, my forehead hair is getting thinner and narrower every day and I would like to try to save and hopefully also reverse the process if possible.

My granddads have had very good hairs for their whole life. My dad and his brothers are all over 60 years old and got decent hairs for their age.

However, my older brother and my cousins all have receding hairline. My brother (33 yrs) and cousin (26 yrs) have III degree on Norwood scale and my other cousin (45) has IV A so I guess I am on this way too ?

I was taking some vitamins for about 3 months: AD, Zinc and vitamin complex by Naturica (Cremic, B's and Biotin) but didn't saw any change. Then I visited doctor and he advised me to use Methionin Complex and Alpicort and ever since I do so daily (now for about 2 months) but I can 't see any change (too soon to expect something?). Also using Alpecin as shampoo. Guess I need something more.

Browsed internet a bit and talked to some people with similar problem and now I am thinking of getting started with Saw Palmetto tablets.

The main question for me is however Minoxidil and Finasteride. I would like to ask if there is any other option for me to try first, or should I start to use these ? I am quite worried of the side effects of Finasteride as I am just 21 years olf but if there is no other option, I would probably have no other choice.

Hello

I got on 0.25mg finasteride when I turned 22. Good decision. Personally I found minoxidil a hassle and it gave me headaches.

Get on a finasteride dose of any size you're comfortable with, and add in nizoral 2% twice a week with a saw palmetto shampoo like Pura D'or or Regenepure NT.