21 Yo - Drugs Have Changed My Life – Oral Minoxidil + Finasteride

Btuqe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a second shed from oral minoxidil about 7 months or so in, maybe you are experiencing that? theres a member here called georgie who takes 2.5mg and gets cyclical sheds every 6 months or so with oral minxoidil.
When did you recover from your shed 7 months in? I’m currently experiencing that right now also.

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, I went to the doctor today and he prescribed me dutasteride. I'm still not sure if this is the right moment to start taking it. The idea is to continue taking finasteride every day and start dutasteride once a week.

Anyone have links to threads with results, where someone switched from finasteride to dutaseride?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
As I've done research into dutasteride, some people (again this is like a few threads in here) said that dutasteride destroyed their hairline and some said they should have done what you suggested, ease into it but IMO I think its just BS. dutasteride should just work, especially if you still take finasteride for a week. Doesn't it start working at least a week into it?

Like, you can not use Propecia for a week and still be fine.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, I went to the doctor today and he prescribed me dutasteride. I'm still not sure if this is the right moment to start taking it. The idea is to continue taking finasteride every day and start dutasteride once a week.

Anyone have links to threads with results, where someone switched from finasteride to dutaseride?
I've been using dustas for ~3 months, previously finasteride for a year. My hair quality has tanked and thinning seems worse. But, I also dropped topical e2 right around this time, so this isn't the best experiment for dutas' efficacy. I'm currently tapering down to 1 dutas / week and will then resume finasteride daily.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just seems to me like OP's hair is just longer now. Not seeing a ton of difference in before\after...not much hair loss to begin with anyway.

Regardless, I am considering swapping out Rogaine foam for 5mg Loniten daily to see if it gives me an improvement.

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude I didn’t find out something
you mean you drink the liquid minoxidil that you apply on your head?like 0,5 ml rogaine you drink every day?

DuckThisSheet

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just seems to me like OP's hair is just longer now. Not seeing a ton of difference in before\after...not much hair loss to begin with anyway.

Regardless, I am considering swapping out Rogaine foam for 5mg Loniten daily to see if it gives me an improvement.

That's why I always put pictures with wet hair combed up. Usually photos were added after cutting, but there were probably exceptions.

I'm not here to lie to anyone, photos never reflect reality.

But sometimes I had thoughts like you - Maybe Minoxidil didn't give me much, maybe i just changed my hairstyle. And I have no idea where the truth is.

______
After 3 months of vacation, I returned to college and met my dude who used to make fun of my receding hairline. After a moment of conversation, he stated that I have more hair than before and asked if I had done a transplant or something. ^^

Maybe a haircut, maybe medication, I didn't notice any special changes myself during the holidays, but who knows

4.10.2019 - I took first Dutasteride pill

I take them once a week, the rest has not changed, I still use Finasteride every day

Next week I'll try to upload some photos

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why I always put pictures with wet hair combed up. Usually photos were added after cutting, but there were probably exceptions.

I'm not here to lie to anyone, photos never reflect reality.

But sometimes I had thoughts like you - Maybe Minoxidil didn't give me much, maybe i just changed my hairstyle. And I have no idea where the truth is.

I'm not here to attack you by the way, I think anytime people post info it's good...even just regarding side effects, dosage, etc. But this is why consistent photos are so important. If you take consistent photos, then you will know where the truth is.

Noahchristensen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey
Im a young guy on 20 and im dealing with balding, and is taking sååå much of my self confidence.
I really want to try liquid minoxidil and se if is help, can you give me some advice guys?

Kind Reegards Noah

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 126391

Ok, little update

I have no idea if anything has changed with my hairline, I leave it to you.

Things that have changed or are worth noting:
-I started to use natural shampoo- I don't buy shampoos anymore in stores, my sister started to make shampoos herself and I use them at the moment. I have no idea if this changes anything, but its worth noting. Still use NIzoral from time to time
-In the last 4 weeks, I've only used dermapen once :( I haven't had time for it completely. I hope to return to using it soon
-I was on vacation for a week, where I took Finn and minoxidil only twice
-I still don't eat dairy, because it's tragic for my acne, I still don't know if it affects my hair
-I practically don't take dietary supplements except Omega 3, still have some zinc and kelp pills, which i have to use someday

I am probably in the shedding phase. I have no idea if it was caused by the fact that I did not take medicine for 5 days or just shedding after 12 months. Combing my hair with my hand, I can pull out + - 10 hair at a time.

But I don't care too much about shedding as long as my hair condition doesn't get worse.

I don't have any side effects at the moment, except for hair in unwanted places, but it's hard to avoid.

At the moment I am determined that I will give a chance to additional dose of 5mg Minoxa in the morning. But I have no idea when I start it.

I will answer the question sooner or later, now I will go on vacation again, but I do my best to come here from time to time

Take care guys ^^
@losingbattle88