21 years old—finasteride and Minoxidil—Delayed Success

Pbot64

Reaction score
I first noticed minor receding of my hairline at 19. Within a month I began finasteride and Minoxidil. Three months on: tons of shedding. Six months on: even more shedding. I did not give up. Finally, at around the one year two month point, the shedding stopped. The hair that was lost during that shedding period regrew, and my hairloss was dramatically slowed. Today, two and a half years after starting finasteride and Minoxidil, my hair is almost exactly as it was when I first started, and I have experienced zero side effects. Even if you don't see any results by one year: don't give up hope on finasteride. You may just be a late start.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
If you were working for big pharma, you would sound exactly like you do.

Lukas73

Reaction score
Why do you think that he is working for the big pharma? He isn't pushing any specific brand. Both minoxidil and finasteride can be purchased as generics.
To Pbot64: Glad that you are having success. So did you use the 5mg finasteride and split it to quarters or did you use 1mg?
Thanks for sharing your story.

marcster

Reaction score
Yes because if you have success on FDA approved drugs with well designed clinical studies that show effectiveness and safety, then you must be working for big pharma.

Yes, everything is a conspiracy. Everything bad is good and good is bad. The Illuminati are coming. Best to whine and complain and rub lemon juice on your head, now there's a solution!

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were working for big pharma, you would sound exactly like you do.

This would have made sense if he name-dropped, but he used the generic term for each and didn't mention any brand, like stated above.

Pbot64

Reaction score
So did you use the 5mg finasteride and split it to quarters or did you use 1mg?

I split the 5mg finasteride into quarters. It's much cheaper that way.