21 year old male trying to hold onto my hair please help

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Without blocking DHT it's not going to work.. so you can slow it down but if you want to keep what you have, try finasteride. The sides are not risky at all, compared to other drugs.. and only temporary if you do get them.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Without blocking DHT it's not going to work.. so you can slow it down but if you want to keep what you have, try finasteride. The sides are not risky at all, compared to other drugs.. and only temporary if you do get them.
Well that's what s5 is for to block dht , or something that starts with s maybe sinox I can't remember... Actually I think it's spironolactone

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Think of it this way, the longer you wait, the the more DHT is doing its damage.

Finasteride is your best bet, spironolactone has mixed reviews from what I've read, but it will work still, theoretically.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride also has super sketchy side effects that I'm really not up for risking, and I heard spironolactone does the same thing as finasteride

- - - Updated - - -

Fack idk what to do there's to many options and to many sides, I actually kind of feel like just letting my hair run its course and see what happens sometimes

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try finasteride

(A) You have sides - quit finasteride, no permanent damage done

(B) You have no sides - Stay on finasteride, block that DHT and use the most effective treatment

Try it, you get sides and you quit. You probably won't get sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Try finasteride

(A) You have sides - quit finasteride, no permanent damage done

(B) You have no sides - Stay on finasteride, block that DHT and use the most effective treatment

Try it, you get sides and you quit. You probably won't get sides.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I've heard of people getting sides, quitting and still having. A life long problem that's sketchy

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes LIKE I SAID: Those people got sides and DIDN'T QUIT for months - years. If YOU get sides, then quit within a matter of weeks and you will be fine, you WILL return to normal. This is the last time, I'm not saying it again. Try it and see if you get sides. Or don't try it and use a less proven treatment.

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the post finasteride study (2013) thread in the research forum, I don't understand all of it but it definitely doesn't sound good. Someone just put it there

- - - Updated - - -

Rogaine 5% or 15% what do u guys say ??? I'm seriously considering propecia now too but idk where I would get it.. Wal mart or something ?

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
FOR ALL YOUNG GUYZ WHO STARTING TO LOOSE THEIR HAIR
Don't waste your time and money with hypotetic drugz like spironolactone or smthing else.. Don't listen to all the horror stories about finasteride or dutasteride, at your age and your low Norwood, you are the best responder.
Keep your hairs is something pretty easy today, but growth your hairs back is something pretty impossible, so dont wait to loose your hair to start effective treatments.
Go directly with finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral !

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
FOR ALL YOUNG GUYZ WHO STARTING TO LOOSE THEIR HAIR
Don't waste your time and money with hypotetic drugz like spironolactone or smthing else.. Don't listen to all the horror stories about finasteride or dutasteride, at your age and your low Norwood, you are the best responder.
Keep your hairs is something pretty easy today, but growth your hairs back is something pretty impossible, so dont wait to loose your hair to start effective treatments.
Go directly with finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral !
Are you losing your hair or can you even relate to my situation?

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, 22yo, just a little temple recession, and i started to loose my in hair when I was 15 or 16yo, And I started directly with finasteride in my 18s.
DONT REMENBER : the most famous expression in all male pattern baldness forum is "I WISH I HAD STARTED TREATMENTS YEARS AGO", why this expression? Because today we still can't regrowth hair with these treatments but young guyz can easily MAINTAIN hair for years and years, and that until we have the better treatments(CB BIM REPLICEL HISTOGEN) and then the cure ( FOLLICA, TSUJI LABS, LAUSTER, CRISTIANO)

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
good, because spironolactone is much more likely to cause worse sides than finasteride