21 Scalp Problems lead to hairloss?

dudeman92

Reaction score
Hi all, this is a repost from another website as I didn't get much help :(

So for the past two and a half years I have battled what is apparently chronic folliculitis. It is characterized by small pimple like sores that flare up after a shower yet subside to skin tone once cool however they remain dry and somewhat tender to touch thereafter, at the same time I have also been getting a lot of pimple like sores on my scalp too.

An initial visit to a GP put me on a generic doxycycline antibiotic and a topical steriod thinking it was a regular infection. May have subsided a little but not enough, went to a dermatologist who was also at a loss (couldn't be bothered) and he put me on Bactrim DS which helped suppress it extremely well! however I really disliked long term antibiotics (having used them + accutane for years prior) so unsurprisingly after stopping the antibiotics the sores returned.
At this stage I tried a whole bundle of other options including a coal shampoo, no shampoo, cold water showers (****), Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt Water wash, head and shoulders, oatmeal shampoo, anti-scabie shampoo (thinking it could be mites) and most recently Nizoral 2% which seems to work the best for the hairline but not so much the scalp (possibly irritating it more).
I use hair product and have tried a plethora of different ones including "natural silicon free etc." I try to minimise the number of washes but the sores seem to make the hair oily. They don't flake, or explode or scab or anything. I change my pillowcases fortnightly got tested for a gluten intolerance and allergies (all negative). Tried cutting dairy to no avail. Even sand, sun and surf cannot destroy it.
I went to a second dermatologist who seems pretty ****ing crazy he suggested a "hollywood routine" of accutane.. meaning i take 2 pills a week indefinitely to shrink glands and sebum production. As an active person who dives, fishes and loves the outdoors I could imagine nothing worse than going through the ultra sun sensitivity of accutane again.
On top of all this I am getting pretty worried about my hairline, I think that it is receding looking back over older photos it appears to be the same but this hairline inflammation makes me notice it more.
At a complete loss, could the sores be the result of an underlying disease? (I seem to flush easily on forearms and skin seems pretty dry) Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Seeing a third dermatologist soon however I am not holding my breath.
Would appreciate any advice

Couple of photos of hairline below (hair is pulled back real tight exaggerating it slightly) http://imgur.com/4ppfYTR http://imgur.com/IJ3djbN

BTW I took accutane 2 years ago, not sure if this is responsible? is this just a "mature hairline?"

Please help